All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Steve – overexposure?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Hi all,

I notice Steve’s on Today Tonight again this week. Does anyone think that he’s possibly overexposing himself with all the recent media appearances?

Rod.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Rod

I think TT is following through the MAP program… so there’s regular updates on how the participants are going… At least, I think that is what’s happening…

cheers
    r

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Yes,

That’s the impression I got from the promo.

I was just thinking about the anecdotal stories of country RE agents getting overrun with city buyers just after there’s been a seminar. Will all these media appearances encourage more of this behaviour?

Rod.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Rod and Richmond
    i think steve deserves all the publicity he can get. It will help with book sales and future ventures.

Steve is one of the few guys out there that have actually already done what they are telling others to do. There are so many frauds out there. At least if they hear steves message it will save some people getting caught in property scams. These scams cost people big money not to mention the effect on the people in loss of self confidence (being ripped off) and the effect of peoples relationships (break ups because of the stress etc).
    So in summary the more the better
    regards westan

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

westan,

spot on
    r

@rodc

Hi westan

Good points. I just hope that those watching will get the full message and not just rush out and buy the first “cheap” house they find. I think it’s a bit hard to get the full “due diligence” message across in a TV show.
    Hopefully those who do decide to make a move will have enough sense to do appropriate research first.

We’ll probably be talking to some of them here on the forum next week.

Rod.

@westan

hi Rod

yes i agree with your concerns. as you were writting your second post i was writting my response so i didn’t see it.
    the idea of hundreds of newbies does frill me but if we can help then that is good.
    i suppose that if people are foolish enough to race out and buy a cheap house they do less damage to themselves than buying a $300,000 unit in the CBD that is only worth $250,000 if it was put back on the market. Hopefully they will buy steves book before a property.
    regards westan

Profile photo of slick41slick41
    @slick41

Hi Rod,

I guess it is to sell books, and help people; but I’ve certainly noticed some REA’s in a certain Vic country town delighted to see “another” buyer from Melb to join in the bidding war on a couple of cf +ve houses. They are now not CF+ as the bidding has got a bit out of control!

I think we’ve pushed the price of the couple of houses up for the locals!

Rgds, Damien

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

hi Fellas

Interesting thread, it was because of the reno kings on today tonight back in January that brought me to this site. So it is no wonder that newbies are arriving daily to the forum, and there will be more!

It was staggering how many people appeared after the book, I was surprised.

The only thing I will hate is answering all the same old questions[xx(] (not that there’s anything wrong with that[:I] … BUT)so for that alone I would say “STEVE, STOP WHAT YOUR DOING, TURN THE CAMERA OFF”.[;)] But then we wouldn’t get to see our forum friends on TV.

Seriously I think good luck to him, and good luck to us for stepping up to the plate and being apart of it.

Welcome to the Newbies[:D]

Cheers
    Leigh K

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

@rodc

Hi Leigh,

Yes, seeing the same questions again and again can get a bit tiring. You’re not the only one who was staggered at the increase in volume after the launch of the book.

Good luck to Steve, he certainly deserves it and he and everyone at this site has certainly made me think a lot harder about how I do things.

I was just idly wondering though whether there reachs a point where the publicity becomes counter-productive.

Another thing I’ve noticed recently is that the emphasis of posts on the forum seems to have changed. When I first started reading (late last year), there seemed to be a much higher number of “wrap related” posts. Now the topics are predominantly on buy & holds.

I’m guessing this is mainly because that is what’s mostly in the book, but has the recent bad publicity for wraps and the difficulty in getting full disclosure loans for wraps had an effect as well?

Rod.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Rod

quote:

I was just idly wondering though whether there reachs a point where the publicity becomes counter-productive.

Yeah I agree, not saying that is what Steve has done or is doing but there is indeed a noticeable change in the market for investment properties. You can’t buy a good properties if you sneeze, you miss it. I noticed this first after the Masters Seminar and even more so since the book launch. Coincidence maybe[?]

quote:

Another thing I’ve noticed recently is that the emphasis of posts on the forum seems to have changed. When I first started reading (late last year), there seemed to be a much higher number of “wrap related” posts. Now the topics are predominantly on buy & holds.

I have also noticed that the wrap forum is very slow, but it seems to go in swings and round-a-bouts. The other change I have noticed is more posts that worry about what other people are doing.

So overall I wouldn’t say Steve is overexposing himeself ([xx(] oooh I shudder[;)]) but it certainly does have an effect on the market. Is that good or bad, I think it is just part of the economic/enviromental factors.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of bjozefbjozef
    Participant
    @bjozef

quote:

Hi all,

I notice Steve’s on Today Tonight again this week. Does anyone think that he’s possibly overexposing himself with all the recent media appearances?

Rod.

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Westan

Can you video Steve tomorrow nite and bring it with you when you come over please?

I’m interested in seeing what everyone is talking about.

Regards

@westan

Muppett

sure can video it for you. i taped the first time he was on, so i’ll add it on.

But do you have electricity in King Country?

westan

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

Rod,

I beleive that Steve would welcome the publicity, the higher his profile the easier it would be to sell books run seminars etc.

It will of course alert more people to positive cashflow property which will make deals harder to come by, but if he can make money in an easier more lucrative fashion, why would he be bothered.

Please don’t see this as cynical I would probably do exactly the same thing in his position.

Ben.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Steve – overexposure?’ is closed to new replies.