All Topics / The Treasure Chest / any seminars of interest to new investors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of navymtnavymt
    @navymt

can anyone tell me of any upcoming seminars/speakers that are of interest to me. we are only new to this game and want all the info we can arm ourselves with. also is steve McKnight holding any seminars in the sydney area in the near future

i wanna be freeeeeeee

Profile photo of navymtnavymt
    @navymt

after reading 0-130 i am very interested in the notion of wrapping. i want to know more about it. is it worth buying the wrap kit now or should i wait untill just before i am ready to start purchasing IPs.

thanx for your info slim

i wanna be freeeeeeee

@navymt

how do we go about finding people who want to enter into a wrap?

i wanna be freeeeeeee

[email protected]

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Please consider Ed Burton At vitallink, ph 0237 7682, http://www.vital-link.com.au,
    he is holding a seminar in Melb 29th to 30th Nov.
    I went to his previous seminar and found him very very good, he covers all aspects, such as assett protection, how to source properties, superfunds.
    He doesn’t do wraps like steve, but the best value around, along the lines of Steve.

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi navymt

Read this article in the NZ Herald this morning.

If you want to go to a property seminar how do you pick a good one? This list of tips is a mix of common sense and information obtained from people in the industry. Some of these tips also apply to property investment books.

1. Remember there is no such thing as a free lunch. When you go to a seminar expect the presenters to try to sell you something.

2. If you go to a seminar, look around at the people at it. Do they look like potential millionaires or do they look like people trying to make a quick buck?

3. If the seminar is free, do you think you’ll be given something valuable?

4. Watch out for presenters and authors who talk about how rich they are and the lifestyles they lead.

5. Watch out for authors and seminar presenters who present themselves as the best thing since sliced bread. This can include meaningless descriptions such as being “number one” in some field or “highly sought after”. Also be careful of promotions packed with subjective adjectives describing how wonderful and successful they are.

6. Everything has dangers. But you rarely read about danger in a book by a real estate guru. Ask the gurus about mistakes they have made.

7. Be very wary of property offered to you at “wholesale prices”.

8. Not everything is positive. If there was such a thing as the perfect investment which made you lots of money with no risk, we would all be rich. Ask about the downside and the problems such as legislation, the economy and tenants.

9. There is no magic process. Everey property deal is different.If there was such a thing as seven certan steps to property Nirvana, the stairwell would be crowded.

10. Be suspicious of testimonials. When you read a testimonial, think about who gave it. Some seminar presenters use people in their own firms to povide testimonials.

11. Ask yourself, “what are these people trying to sell me?”

12. As with all investments, ask whether it is all too good to be true.

13.And remember: seminars often offer to give your money back if you’re not satisfied. Reports are that plenty of people do ask for refunds. Don’t be shy.

There you have it navtmt. Take what you want from it. I have over the last 3 yrs bought a number of books and also borrowed a number from the library. Access to a photocopier or scanner is also handy.

A certain company is advertising a 3 day property seminar in October in Auckland, cost about $3000.

Wow Mini if you read this it’s nearly as long as some of your reports. However I copied mine.

Regards

@navymt

thanx heaps for that. you raised quiet a few common sense questions and things to look for. but still i hadnt thought of them. Of the things i have been told and the properties i have seen i have applied the 11 second rule to them to see where they are at. i will use your info every time i go to a seminar or talk to a RE agent. tanx[:)]

i wanna be freeeeeeee

[email protected]

Profile photo of MaryBMaryB
    @maryb

Reggie

Re: Ed Burton Seminar

I too am very interested in attending a seminar as I too am new to IPs.

But I would like to go to a seminar with my husband and the Ed Burton seminar will be close to $4k for both of us to attend, so as you can imagine, I need to know that it is VERY worth it.

I did a search of this Forum and noticed that you were the one who mentioned Ed’s name on a number of occassions.

Just curious… Is it only re off-shore investing or does he talk about investing in Oz as well?

What did attending his seminar add to your property portfolio? Did you claim all the deductions he talks about? Have you audited the ATO as he suggests in his seminar?

Any feedback you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

I am not sure its that expensive, I think it might be less.
    Its fully tax deductible, he’s an accountant and financial adviser, I paid thru my superfund.
    I would say worth every cent.
    He starts from the basics, setting up a structure, assett protection, how to select property, setting up a SM superfund and the last bit is off shore towards retirement.
    He does not sell property, eg he has no agenda to sell you anything, he gives you the big picture, its up to you how you want to use the information.
    If you are new to investing, it may prevent you from making some expensive mistakes.
    Its basic common sense.He’s not into wraps and seems to be not into shares.
    He is absolutely above board, he has to be!
    I’ve been to seminars much more expensive and they were absolute useless crap and financially dangerous.
    that’s about all I can say.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

navy, slim has a wrap secrets for sale, which I have – I think it is the next best thing to going to a wrap seminar live, as you get the CDs which is Steve and co speaking, as well as a hefty folder of notes.

I read a bunch of books and after loving ‘real estate riches’ by dolf de roos I really wanted to go to his seminar which was thousands. Instead I bought a recording on 10 CDs at a fraction of the price of attending live, which i got a lot out of.

However it wasn’t until attending Steve’s Australia Property Masters live that I fully understood how to work out the numbers. Perhaps as an accountants Steve and Dave emphasise it, but that was exactly what i needed to get a handle on – the nitty gritty stuff. I also really felt the challenge to ‘take action’ and conquer the many ‘what ifs’ associated with starting out from the live seminar. nothing like being looked at in the eye while a presenter is saying that stuff,,,,

‘networking’ with other investors – even just being in a room full of people who mostly had a few properties each – was hugely beneficial to me as I don’t have people in my circle of friends that are doing it.

So I reckon books are great, recordings of seminars are good value, but going to seminars live is the best. i would recommend Steve’s, Dolf de Roos, Richmastery (which I have seen on video – very good too, I hear it’s very challenging to attend live cause they start at like 5 am and stuff and one person here on the forum didn;t like it, but i think others did, and anyway you can always buy the video set instead of going to it) – I have only read John burley books but i know he has a great reputation and i think his seminars would be good too

cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of RitaSt.RitaSt.
    @ritast.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer navymt’s question so well.[:)]

That was great Muppet, we are all reading madly, and wondering with our limited funds where to spend our $$$. There are a lot of us here that are newcomers and even though you don’t hear from us much, are benefitting so much from your knowledge and personal experiences.

Thanks Mini for your personal look at whats good value. Yes we need guidance with the nitty gritty Taking eveyones view point really does help us make our financial decisions.And it was Robert Kyiosaki and Dolf de Roos books( in that order) 2 mths back that has led me personally to this whole new world.

Thanks Slim and Reggie. Until we have our first succesful +ve IP, we need all the confidence we can get. It is scary stuff if you haven’t done it before.

Thanks to all you pros [:D] [:D]
    Rita

Profile photo of gentlemanjimgentlemanjim
    @gentlemanjim

Rick Otton & Peter Flanagan have both got seminars on in Brisbane next thurs. 11/09/03
    Rick is $49 ea or 3 for $39 peters is free
    Regards frank

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey Frank. Any more info on the Peter Flanagan seminar ??

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

Henry Kaye will be in Sydney on Thur Sept 18th.
    Not sure what the seminar will be like, but I thought I would check it out in Melbourne on Mon Sept 15th.
    He sounds a bit like Robert Allen from America in that he claims he will make 5 ordinary Australians into Property Millionaires in just 6 months, using no money down, no debt and no equity. If he fails, he will give $1 million to charity. Interesting!
    If you wanted to check it out the website is
    http://www.henrykaye.com.au

@gentlemanjim

quote:

Hey Frank. Any more info on the Peter Flanagan seminar ??

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

@gentlemanjim

G”day Andrew,
    I haven”t got the details with me Re Peter Flanagan”s seminars.They were advertised in yesterdays sunday mail.I think there was one @ 2pm
    & one @ 7pm. next thursday 11/09 @ the Sheraton.
    Regards Frank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘any seminars of interest to new investors’ is closed to new replies.