All Topics / The Treasure Chest / question for a real estate agent – rental property

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

Hi i was talking to a friend of mine who sells real estate but is a little negative when it comes to investing (finds every reason to sabotage himself and others around him) well tries to anyway it wont work with me….but a interesting point came up and i am wondering if it is fact or fiction…..Do Real Estate Agents list every rental property on the internet or not?????….he seems to think that they dont ….please help….common sense tells me that they would be mad if they didnt list all of them…but crazier things have happened !

Profile photo of dannadsdannads
    @dannads

Hi Kristine

I am no expert but my own experience tells me that they don’t list all the rental properties available. When asking a Real Estate agent about advertising our investment property for rent, he informed me that it wouldn’t be necessary as the demand was high enough in the area that it would easily be rented through enquiries over the counter. I have also found that the websites are not updated often enough at times as I have often found a steal only to find out that it was in fact sold last week although still listed as “FOR SALE”.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

I have found they definately do not!

You need to build a good relationship with a few RE Agents and keep contacting them every few days.

Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

No they don’t.

Rental properties tend to be picked up very quickly just with a rental list in the office.

Due to the quick turnarounds and possibly costs they are very rarely put on the net.

Many agents I know can never seem to get around to getting sold houses off the net so imagine them putting rentals up and down every few days[:D]

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of MartyReyesMartyReyes
    @martyreyes

Most real estate agents are quite lazy and won’t bother updating the rental stock. I only know of a few agencies that are switched on and very thorough.

Marty

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I think lazy is a little harsh – certainly a gross generalisation to call most of them lazy. My contacts in the industry seem to work so hard that they can never keep up with the admin.

Cheers

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

@wilandel

Hi Mortgage Hunter,

Perhaps I have been too harsh with agents.

I was under the belief that they left the sold properties on the net, so that they would still get phone calls coming in from people!

Del

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Wilandel,

I challenged one on that very subject the other day. He claimed that they email the websites to update and it takes ages for them to come down. he said buyers are lined up and the last thing they need is being flooded with fruitless enquiries.

Just one guys opinion though.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

@wilandel

Hi Simon,

Yes I see what you mean. All those calls from wanabees ringing up about places that are sold a week or two ago, must really give the agents the sh**s![:I]

Del

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

well thank you every one for your answers they are all great so if we are reseaching a area we ahouold all ring and enquire dont take the net as cospoll

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘question for a real estate agent – rental property’ is closed to new replies.