All Topics / The Treasure Chest / can steve help unemployed as well as ordinary aust

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

Steve is going to help ordinary aussies on Monday just woundering how many pensioners and unemployed will be in the group.
    aaron

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

aaron,

Steve is not offering a charity service!

The people he has selected have been chosen because Steve feels they have the committment, and mindset to achieve. He also wants to be proven correct, and show that the “average person” can go out and achieve what Dave and Steve have accomplished.

Steve’s book says whatever you do, don’t go out and quit your job. In their business, Dave kept the accounting practice going, while Steve found the deals. To be able to accomplish $1mil of property in 12 months, I would think that you would need to have a job in order to obtain the finance.

Steve is not a magician [:0)] (but close)!![;)]

Del

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

I did not mention charity, I guess if you are unemployed you don’t have the committment or the right mind set or is that your not average, and yes it is nice to be proven right as for the 1 mil in property I sure not every one is expected to do that

@wilandel

aaron,

Don’t get me wrong.

I am DEFINATELY not trying to say that pensioners or unemployed cannot have the committment or mindset to achieve.

Why do you wonder how many of the group will be unemployed or pensioners anyway??

Del

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

housesitter

That really was a stupid post.[xx(] How cynical!

Del you shouldn’t have dignified it.

Leigh K

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

sorry Leigh & Del
    if it was cinical but “hay” some body has to through a few from left field if it was not for the cinics the possative would not have anyone to prove wrong I’ve been on both sides of that fence employed /unemployed and some people are treated different,anyway a good reporter would want to know would’nt they
    aaron

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

I’m sure Steve (and other people on this site) help people that help themselves first. So they question becomes… can pensioners and unemployed people help themselves?

Cheers

Stu

http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hmmm Unemployed people….

Yes in theory, a formerly unemployed person could become a millionaire property investor, however unemployed people with cash or equity in a home would be most likely, and as far as long term unemployed people with no savings or equity – possibly even debt – still not impossible, but I think that there would have to be the in between step of ‘where is your investing capital coming from? How are you going to prove to the banks you can service this debt?’

Not that those aren’t solveable, but it would take an extraordinary mindset to achieve it and not give up, putting it in the ‘too hard’ basket.

If even the ‘ordinary Aussie’ (i.e. working, and paying off first home) might finds it somewhat hard to become a property investor, and unemployed person is going to have double the challenges, surely?

surely it’s far easier for an unemployed person just to say ‘it can’t be done’ and get back in the dole queue???

maybe It’s up to unemployed people to get out there and show others that it’s possible, rather than behaving exactly like society expects – see above ‘ironic’ sentence

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

First silly question Steve helping on monday What does that mean ? I mean he is helping whom and how?

Mini,

Well answered as always!

Cheers [:)]
    Amit

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Mini,

It would take an extremely remarkable unemployed person with no savings and no equity to become a property millionaire I would have thought…

There does seem to be a mindset with some of the posts (certainly not yours, because I know what you’re trying to achieve) that their road to riches is going to happen overnight and if they don’t buy NOW they’re going to be consigned to a life of wage slavery. To those people, keep dreaming. To the others who have been clear headed, formulated a plan and are just knocking off their goals one by one, good on you, and I hope everything good comes to you.

If I was an uemployed person, the thing I would be thinking of far and away before pondering IPs, would be getting a full time job. Then I would look at how much I could save so I had a nice deposit for my first IP. From there I would just take my steps one at a time, not rushing them.

I was reading about a lady on the somersoft boards who has bought 21 props in 5 years on the back of some pretty rapid capital growth and good property selection… to me that’s pretty quick, and she could quit work tomorrow if she wanted to… but 5 years is too long to wait for some people… at least, that’s the impression I’m getting… I’ve got a 10 year plan, and I’ll be sticking to it!

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of insiderinsider
    @insider

Sorry richmond working full time is staying in my comfort zone. Burn your bridges then you can’t retreat. When I started investing I didn’t have a job & could not get finance from lenders. Somehow I have still managed to buy 4 properties in the last 2 months and will have 15-20 by the end of the year. Can it be done. yes it can:)

Participant
    @richmond

Hi insider,

As I said

It would take an extremely remarkable unemployed person with no savings and no equity to become a property millionaire I would have thought…

If you are remarkable, good on you… I’d say you’d be the exception rather than the norm.

Did you have equity in anything before you started?

cHeers
    r

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Richmond, slim, insider, and all,

“When I started investing I didn’t have a job & could not get finance from lenders. Somehow I have still managed to buy 4 properties in the last 2 months”

wow, well you’re the best qualified person to answer housesitter’s question? I would love to know more about the ‘somehow’ – if you’re prepared to share that? Especially if it didn’t involve getting finance?

And yes I think that proves it can be done to housesitter. i think it would also qualify you as ‘remarkable’.

cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

@wilandel

Hi Slim & others,

I was at the seminar. The price was more like $1500, but that’s OK, and I was lucky and got a 2 for 1 deal because I booked & paid before a certain date. It was a double bargain.[:)]

The seminar was held over 2 days, Sat & Sun. On Saturday afternoon, we were all offered the opportunity of the Millionaire Apprentice Program, and who ever wanted to take up the challenge had to submit a homework assignment & questionairre by “08.15am” on the Sunday morning.

Of course, everyone there except one or two I believe, submitted the applications. A couple come in after 08.15am, which was the absolute cut off time to hand in applications! They proved they couldn’t do it, so didn’t get considered.

After that exercise, everyone was surprised on the Sunday to find out that interested applicants ALSO had to fill in a daily journal for the 30 days following the seminar. Last day of the journal was 30th June, 2003

Well, here’s the bombshell, that blows everybody’s selection theory.

I believe that only about 45 people out of I think 180, were the only ones that could be bothered to write a few lines each day, and post it to Steve. This proved that the others didn’t appear to have what it takes to committ to something for even one month, not a year!! There may be some people who changed their minds during the month for whatever reason, perhaps knew that with work & family committments it really would too difficult etc, and that’s fair enough.

Steve purposely put this monthly journal as the decider, and it proved to be very interesting figures I thought.

Who ever is chosen is out of that 45, and NOT who looked best out of 180.

Good luck to all on the program, Yes you may have gathered I am one of the lucky 12. If I was not “chosen” I would have accepted it and felt that it was at least a fair process. I would have tried to do it on my own though.

I wish everyone on the program huge success, and I wish everyone NOT on the program huge success. The program will take up lots of time and some sacrifices to all participants. A lot of the chosen people are flying in once a month from all around Australia – AT THEIR OWN COSTS. There are other regular costs also, accomodation etc.

Hey guys, please don’t think that we have had this handed to us on a platter, and we are going to wake up “millionaires” one day. Steve is NOT finding any deals for us, or telling us where to invest. Everything is up to us. He is there as a “mentor”, and we can ask his opinion etc.

I thank Steve & Dave for this chance of a lifetime opportunity, and I hope that other forumites will support us all.

Regards,

Del

Participant
    @richmond

Howdy Del,

It certainly sounds like the chance of a life time…

Without wanting to know ANY specifics, are you confident you’ll get to where you want to be in 12 months?

Plus, will we see you bob up on Today Tonight on Monday night?

Cheers
    r [:)]

@wilandel

Ah Richo,

How’s the job going?

Without trying to sound vain, – Yes and yes!![8D]

The Today Tonight crew were at our place today filming, (which I might add is not straight forward with 2 girls aged 4 & 5)and have been at others also recently. Never act with kids or animals. We tried it with both….[:)]

Please don’t laugh at us. WE ARE HOPEFULLY BETTER INVESTORS THAN TV STARS !!!!![:I][:I]

Without spoiling the plot for Today Tonight, we have set our goals, and are going to do whatever it takes to succeed. We are finding it just as hard to find deals as everyone else though. That won’t stop us!!

Perhaps we could catch up soon if you get any time off from that other opposition network!! ha ha…[;)][;)]

Del

Participant
    @richmond

Hello again…

It’s my last weekend in sport this weekend, then over to the news production desk (did highlights package on Adel v West Coast game tonight)…

I’d love to meet up at some stage… I’ve been to Koo Wee Rup before, when I was a producer with the Footy Show, Billy and I went down for a night, and from memory the footy club won a car, and Billy and I nursed hefty headaches the next morning…

Cheers
    r

@wilandel

Richmond,

I didn’t think our KooWeeRup football team had ever won anything – especially footy!

Sounds like a normal nite at KWR Footy club.

I’m sorry we missed that nite, Billy is a classic!

Del

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

housesitter & slim

This forum is more than just a place to post discussions, many of us have developed good friendships and attended the ($1500 2 4 1) Masters Seminar as well as the recent WRAPS seminar also at $1000 so don’t ass u me that everyone here is full of cow patties, we are here to support each other and enjoy the forum.

Just out of interest I was one of those few Del mentioned that chose not to put in an application at the last minute, because I felt that what I had gotten from the seminar was well and truely worth my time and money. I still think so.

There are soooo many newbies to this forum lately that you don’t know what activities have been going on here so I suggest that you read through some of the posts about the Masters, APIM and Millionaire program to really get a feel for what goes on here.

Good luck tp Wilandel, Tas Investor, Betty Blockbuster, Pete and everyone else involved in the maps program.

Leigh K[:D]

PS: Richmond well done on the new job.[:D][:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

@wilandel

Thanks Leigh,

I wish you were doing it with us, cos I know you have the attitude to succeed.

It’s great to call you a friend now, and whether people are in this program or not, doesn’t make them any better than anyone else.

Perhaps the newbies could make their posts a little less “bluntly”….if they want to succeed and become a real part of this great forum.

We are all here to help & motivate each other to succeed, not get personal with eachother.

Del [:X]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘can steve help unemployed as well as ordinary aust’ is closed to new replies.