All Topics / The Treasure Chest / 6% return – serviced apartments!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of MartyReyesMartyReyes
    @martyreyes

I’m considering purchasing a serviced apartment, guaranteeing 6% return for 10 years – positively geared. The bank will only lend 70% of the purchase price because it’s considered a commercial property. Can anyone advise/suggest on serviced apartments?

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Yes do you really want to know about my sorry saga with other fellow investors of an 8 million loss in serviced hotel units at magnetic Island, be very careful and get a commercial solicitor to advise and read previous postings.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Check out:
    – Management fees.
    – Restrictions on use and sale.

Cheers

Stu

http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi

We own a serviced apartment in Parramatta, witha just over a guarenteed 5% return.

It is going fine, although it is neg geared. My feedback is that properties being purchased now are getting a higher return than we are and we only bought 6 months ago. 10 years sounds safe but it really is a lllooonnnggg time bfore you have real control over it.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

6% return is very poor compared to average properties returning about 4%. Factor in the higher management costs, lower capital gains, and the difficulty obtaining finance and on-selling. I don’t think it is worth the risk!

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of nelson_2nelson_2
    @nelson_2

quote:

I’m considering purchasing a serviced apartment, guaranteeing 6% return for 10 years – positively geared. The bank will only lend 70% of the purchase price because it’s considered a commercial property. Can anyone advise/suggest on serviced apartments?

Profile photo of nelson_2nelson_2
    @nelson_2

Gday mate. So im interested to see if you decided to move on your services apartment investment. I too have some interest in this area. Perhaps you could advise me of how things are travelling for you.

All the best

Dave.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘6% return – serviced apartments!’ is closed to new replies.