Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

no not a property, but banks shares.

NAB pays a 75c div in 2 months. how many properties are paying 7% yield after costs? any?

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

It’s not bad if you don’t have to make regular repayments on a loan. Unfortunately dividends aren’t paid weekly so you end up with a cash flow problem.

Shares are a good part of a balanced portfolio. Never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I think a share portfolio complements a property portfolio.

Good yield and should get some growth when it is the stockmarkets turn to boom.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I agree with the bear! [:)]

And shares are very unstable, “swings and roundabouts”, at least with Leasing +ve cash flow, you know how much your getting on a regular basis.

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

quote:

It’s not bad if you don’t have to make regular repayments on a loan. Unfortunately dividends aren’t paid weekly so you end up with a cash flow problem.

Not necessary so.

A margin loan can be structured to capitalize interest so regular payments aren’t necessary (which is my preferred way)

Or alternatively you can use installment warrants which were mentioned on another thread.

Cheers

Wayne

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Crashy, your name appears on the sharefinder forum as well. I presume you are trading the osprey system, my sister Angelika is very actively trading and generating significant cash flow.
    I will be planning to join in next week, when my CFD account has opened.
    How did you go with your job interview, any good?
    I also have thought of buying some installment warrants to write cov calls against and generate extra income. As I understand, no margin calls with installment warrants and they are self funding with the dividends.
    We are slowing down a little with property, too overvalued, too much gearing.
    Hoping to realise a CG on one soon.
    Thinking of diversifying more into shares, more liquidity.Using Allan Hull and Spa to select the shares.

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Hi reggie

sharefinder forum? not me, must be someone swiping my nick.

the job…well no reply there, dont ya love that? not like it was a 2 hour drive or anything…..oh wait, it was……rude buggers!

re instalment warrants…….yes good idea to do covered calls for income, just finished writing that chapter of my book. margin calls with warrants? not sure if you mean because there is a debt part or whether you mean when writing calls. either way, no margin. in fact I hear you can write 2x as many calls as warrants you own, but I dont think its worth the risk.

re osprey system……I asked the 100 or so traders I talk to, none of em have heard of that system. is it a black box?

are you on my email list? got a nice little trade demo going on at the moment.

cheers

[email protected]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi all

personally i wouldn’t even buy a property returning 7% it will cost me money. i’m buying properties that are returning at least 25% return on Investment. Capital appreciation which will happen is a nice bonus.
    Crashy i mentioned to you about IGO, well the option continue to boom from 21 c a month ago, now 43c, a nice profit so far. Look for an announcement with FDR soon. It should help this dog of a stock.

westan

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

no I wouldnt buy a property earning 7% before costs either.

well done on IGO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘7% yield’ is closed to new replies.