Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of skalleskalle
    @skalle

Hi all,

This is my first post and after I have read some of the post in this forum I am amazed about the wealth of information here.

I am currently considering to start investing in property. I have no other investments.

Can anyone give me some starting out advice. Think to read, places to go, whats “out” and whats “hot”. basicly any advice that can get me started.

I have been thinking about Brisbane area as Melbourne(Where I live) is way to expensive. I would not even be able to buy my own house if I wasn’t so lucky to buy it 9 years ago for less then 100K.

Henning

Profile photo of nugennugen
    @nugen

I am in a similar position. I started reading and learning a year ago. Read many books, Jan Somers, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Steve McNight etc. Get a feel for different opinions and make your educated decision on how to invest.

Good Luck.

Nu gen

Profile photo of HaroldHarold
    @harold

To start, just start of small but don’t buy a unit. My only advice

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

really Harold?
    I have been buying houses on large freehold sections so far, but I am sure the maintenance is a lot more on a house than on a unit. I have been thinking about going for a ‘low maintenance unit’ next time, especially if the cashflow is as good as with a house. Also taking this ageing population thing on board, I am expecting there will be less people that care about big sections and more that want a unit with a little manageable garden in the future. i think as a buy and hold a unit might have certain plusses. Even better would be a block of ’em, but i’m ‘not there’ yet.
    Of course you don’t get the land value so much with a unit though so in a capital gain area I guess it wouldn’t be so good.

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Skalle

Welcome to the forum.
    It all depends on what you are after. If you are after capital gain or positive cash flow.
    Having lived in Brissie now for 10 years I guess I have seen both and been lucky enough to have purchased IP’s for capital growth when I first arrived and now only buy +cashflow wrapped properties. Only problem is you might have to look further a field than Brisbane. Email us if you want some details.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Starting out’ is closed to new replies.