All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Tsamanian Market

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of StrikerStriker
    Participant
    @jamescameron

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to specifically look when buying an Investment property in Tassie. For that matter suggestions on Qld would be good too.

Thanks
    Cam
    [email protected]

Striker
    Email Me

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Burnie and Devonport are white hot at present. Rental demand high, rental property numbers low. It is mainly northern suburbs of the major cities that have the cheapies – a lot of housing commission areas.

Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

My partner bought land in a commission area in Tassie near Hobart. He bought it several years ago and sold it a couple of months ago for the same price. We could not get any more for it and every real estate agent told us the same thing.
    It was probably just that area.
    Other than that I have read that Tassie is the cheapest place to buy a house and the vacancy rates in rental properties is fairly low and stamp duty is lower there than Victoria. But then again which state isn’t lower than Vic?

A book I am reading at the moment is Smarter Property Investment by Peter Cerexhe. He goes through all the statistics state by state. Worth a read.
    I better get back to work now.
    Good luck in Tassie.

Profile photo of mauriciomauricio
    Participant
    @mauricio

[:)] HI James try this link lot s of information about tas http://www.reit.com.au/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tsamanian Market’ is closed to new replies.