Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of pattiepattie
    @pattie

Hi All, I am new to this site having just read Steve’s book 0-130. I have been looking at investing in Tasmania has anyone else ventured there? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Regards,

Pattie

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Hi Pattie,

I have many properties in Tasmania and returns have been quite good. Unfortunately property has boomed in the last 12 months so the prices are substantially higher, making it difficult to find cash flow +ve IP.

Rents aren’t super high, but there is quite high rental demand at present. The prices just keep rising after more than 10 years of no movement. There aren’t any major population centres outside of Hobart, Launceston, Burnie or Devonport.

I’m still looking there – you just need to look harder than before for the right place.

Profile photo of pattiepattie
    @pattie

quote:

Hi Pattie,

I have many properties in Tasmania and returns have been quite good. Unfortunately property has boomed in the last 12 months so the prices are substantially higher, making it difficult to find cash flow +ve IP.

Rents aren’t super high, but there is quite high rental demand at present. The prices just keep rising after more than 10 years of no movement. There aren’t any major population centres outside of Hobart, Launceston, Burnie or Devonport.

I’m still looking there – you just need to look harder than before for the right place.

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

Gidday Pattie

There are still places available that show a good return. It might be worth while looking in areas where there is a higher demand for rent. The return is made over the long term in rental, so if you have a tennant who pays just below the market rate and is both happy and secure for a long time then the reward will be security of income. Don’t forget that it is a people business.

Good luck and happy hunting

Spider

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

Gidday Pattie

There are still places available that show a good return. It might be worth while looking in areas where there is a higher demand for rent. The return is made over the long term in rental, so if you have a tennant who pays just below the market rate and is both happy and secure for a long time then the reward will be security of income. Don’t forget that it is a people business.

Good luck and happy hunting

Spider

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tasmania’ is closed to new replies.