All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Anyone had dealings with Saphire Mortgages, Newby

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of alan_jayalan_jay
    Participant
    @alan_jay

Hi all,

Ok so im a newby and very green with one ip that im about to refinace. Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with then. Im looking at fixing for 3 yrs at 5.59%. This seems pretty good but im i missing something…

Alan

Profile photo of vik_famvik_fam
    @vik_fam

Alan,

I have never heard of them…

One thing I can suggest is to look at the Comparison rate. For those who have not heard of a comparison rate, here is the speal given on the suncorp site to explain it…

“From the 1st July 2003, changes to the Uniform Consumer Credit Code (the “UCCC”) requires all Lenders to provide Comparison Rate information on their Home and Personal Lending products.

You can use the Comparison Rate to compare our loans to each other or with other Lending Institutions. The purpose of the Comparison Rate is to assist in removing the guess work when working out the cost of your loan, for the duration of an average home, personal or car loan.

The Comparison Rate calculation is prescribed by the UCCC. The fees and charges that are included in the Comparison Rate calculation, are only those fees that are known, or have been identified as payable under the loan contract. For example, Loan Establishment fee’s and monthly account keeping fees are both included in the Comparison Rate calculation, but Government Fees are not included as they are standard across all Lending Institutions.”

Hope this helps…

Victoria

Reason can answer questions,but imagination has to ask them. — Ralph Gerard

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Is that the lender or the brokers name?

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

OK They are an originator using funds from Bendigo Bank.

http://www.sapphiremortgageservices.com.au

Very competitive rates.

I am sorry but I have had no experience with them.

Let us know how they go.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of alan_jayalan_jay
    Participant
    @alan_jay

Victoria,

Thanks for you help it is much appreciated. Ive had a look at there sight and for a 300K lend over a 30 yr period the var rate is 5.95%. The comparison rate is 5.96% so it looks quite good on paper. Will post on here how it all goes

Simon,

Will keep you posted on this.

Alan[:)]

Profile photo of OzbravoOzbravo
    @ozbravo

Hi alan_jay
    I know these guys and would not hesitate to use them for your finance.

I’m surprised you havent heard of them, they advertise on morning TV and Ive heard their adds on the radio. (In Sydney but can’t remember what station)

Sapphire are mortgage originators not brokers.
    They are the next level up from a broker without being a bank.

Their funds come from a wholly owned subsiduary of the Bendigo Bank.

Their packages are excellent as they offer low rates and unlimited free redraws, no monthly fees, 100% offset etc etc.

Often you get low rates or a good flexible package. These guys will give you both.

Good luck.

Rob [8D]

Profile photo of OzbravoOzbravo
    @ozbravo

Hi alan_jay again…

As vik_fam pointed out…they do advertise their comparison rates on their web site.

Check them out at
    http://www.sapphiremortgageservices.com.au/

Good luck.

Rob [8D]

Profile photo of alan_jayalan_jay
    Participant
    @alan_jay

Hi Rob.

Im going ahead with Saphire. Thanks much for your feedback. Much appreciated

Alan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had dealings with Saphire Mortgages, Newby’ is closed to new replies.