All Topics / The Treasure Chest / How old are you??

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Profile photo of junior2junior2
    @junior2

Hi guys,

I’m 20 ( youngest on this topic!!) and bought my first ip at 18, and now have two but selling first one for a handy profit (touch wood). I have to agree with westan…. he does look like he’s 24……but had a hard time of it….(yeah yeah advanced hair!!![:D][:P][:D]) I know him quite well and i could shatter all of your illussions but i wont…. I’l let you believe him!

Great to see so many people in my age bracket on here, i thought i was that youngest by a couple of generations but its comforting to see that i can talk about modern goings on without confusing most of you!!![:D] Big Welcome to Vasily,, Gee the net makes it a small world doesnt it!

jared

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Melanie

I”m glad you haven’t had to resort to plastic surgery……yet.

Love your motto…. Age disgracefully slowly.
    The trouble is we generally are living longer and as long as we don’t smoke(causes premature aging among other things) we will keep our looks longer.
    However our bones and joints are not keeping their age very well and thus require alot of rejuvenation.

Roll on Lotto in NZ tonite $14,000,000 to be won and I haven’t got a ticket.

Go the All Blacks.

Regards
    An Ancient Fossil.

Profile photo of ScorpiusScorpius
    @scorpius

[:)]Hello I’m completely new to this website. I have just finished reading Steve McKnights’ new book and I’ve found it to be absolutely amazing.

I’m only 18 years old, and ever since I read Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” at 16 I knew I wanted to be financially free.

After putting my life savings into the Share Market (and losing a lot of money :P, but the experience was invaluable) I also realised that I was too young for this kind of sacrifice and commitment so I eased off. For me it’s equally important to have a career that I love (so I don’t dread spending the hours at work to earn the money to invest) so at the moment I’m focusing more on that goal. As soon as I’ve reached it (at this stage around the age of 21) then I’ll throw everything into building up assets. My goal is to be financially independant by the age of 27, and financially free by the age of 30. I’m not sure how I’m going to get there exactly, but having these goals is a start!

Thankyou,
    Crispin
    xxoo

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Scorpius

Welcome to the forum.
    Perhaps the best thing you can do is read through the many posts that have been made by eperienced investors advising other newbies in a similar postion as yourself.
    Use the search function at the top of the page.
    Also you have to tune in each day as two to three pages of postings are being made each day.

Above all else if you don’t understand something ask questions, there are plenty of people willing to offer help in some way or another.

Regards

Profile photo of brianhcbrianhc
    Participant
    @brianhc

My name is Conor McCloud and I was born in the highlands of Scotland in the year 1532. Oh sorry! My real name is Christopher Lambert, I just look like I was born in 1532.

Go Highlanders!

Cheers[:P]

PS. My real age is in the date, its an anagram, or is it a simile, or perhaps an aneurism? First one to guess my correct age will be ignored!

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

Hi everyone, [:D]I am 34 years old (its seems like only yesterday I was saying 24) and I bought my first property when I was 20 in Queanbeyan NSW. I now live in Perth with a husband (27), three sons (11, 3, 1) and daughter (9) do the math on that one. Have bought and sold several properties over the years and made a good profit. Am now only interested in positive cash flow (everything bar one has been negatively geared). Enjoy talking to other investors every time I meet one. Attended Steve’s seminar in Melbourne and met some really great people.
    Cheers
    Tracey[:X]

[email protected]

Profile photo of ausdmxausdmx
    Participant
    @ausdmx

I am 18 and will own my first next year

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

42 old now – bought first ip at 28, currently building ip 3 now. HG

Profile photo of ChewyChewy
    Participant
    @chewy

wow, first time I’ve been here for months and look how it’s grown [^]

Good to see lots of people my age group as well

20 years old here from Melbourne. Spent 6 months researching and phoning agents with my 2 partners and almost came up with the sweetest deal ever!

Unfortunately the deal fell through cause we couldn’t obtain financing and someone else took the deal so still no I.P. under our names as yet but we’ll persist. Going to use a broker for pre-approval instead of using the bank directly next time.

Also starting a couple of ventures on the sideline whilst completing uni and working as well as maintaining a social life (so sick of 21st b/days now lol)

Anyway, got to stop procrastinating, got an assignment to do [:)]

Cheers

Martin

Profile photo of santasanta
    @santa

Well here goes.

I’m 43 and my wife is 47. We bought our 1st IP last year and sold early this year – before we came across this forum.

We look forward to meeting all the Brisbanites on the forum.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Dear All,

I am 10276 Days Old. I bought my first IPs when I was 9225 Days Old. When I am 9125 Days Old people told me I look 6570 Days Old. Now they told me I look 9125 Days Old.

I have a beautiful daughter and a wonderful wife and consider myself lucky. Currently holding 5 IPs and renting. I would like to buy more IPs at the begin of next year and wish to acquire 1 to 2 IPs every year until 2007, wish me luck.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of navymtnavymt
    @navymt

live in sydney
    navy
    no IPs yet but first coming this year

i wanna be freeeeeeee

[email protected]

Profile photo of BigUnitBigUnit
    Participant
    @bigunit

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website having only purchased Steves book yesterday. It was such an insightful and interesting read that i finsihed it over night and am now keen to start implementing the strategies.

I am 24 and have significant funds as a deposit and was going to go down the same path as the majority of those before us. The path of negative gearing. Thank god i read this book and realised the benifits of positive cashflow.

It is good to see so many people my age thinking the same way, financial independence and more time to have fun.

Cheers

Andrew

Profile photo of PropertyHeadPropertyHead
    @propertyhead

I’m 31. I just had a new baby gal. So our family no income and kids at the moment [:)]

Profile photo of agent86agent86
    Participant
    @agent86

Turned 40 this year, but a very young 40 especially with 2 young daughters, purchased PPOR @ 10 years ago.
    As the saying goes “wish I knew then what I know now”!

Am a little envious of everyone that has IP’s, just can’t wait to get into the market, very eager. The first one is the hardest, isn’t it?

Great to hear all of the young people on here who have or looking at purchasing IP’s.

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

Hi All I’m 33 with a wife and 2 sons
    Just finding out that I have been doing things the hard way and looking to invest in +IP’s, currently searching the net for likely spots and will take some nice country trips in the near future [^].

Oh and Congratulations on the new baby Girl PropertyHead its hard at first but well worth it when they get old enough to start doing things with you [:)]

Profile photo of DutchyDutchy
    @dutchy

I am 22. Just bought my first home about 4 months ago and am currently looking for my 1st IP. Will let you know my I crack the big time.

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hey Vik_fam

Im 24, bought my first IP at 20 and my 6th will settle in 13 days, still live at home with mum and dad, would hav got heaps more if the banks and lenders werent so anal about having a full time job… i did all this while at uni full time for 5 years and stacking shelves at coles…

Anything is possible!!!

Jason :)

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘How old are you??’ is closed to new replies.