All Topics / The Treasure Chest / 11 second solution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of gargergarger
    @garger

Hi, this my first time in the forum. I have just finished Steve’s book & thought it was fantastic. However looking at properties on the internet & their rental return the 11 second formula didnt work on any of them. Any ideas anyone

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

You’ll really have to search hard – most of the properties this applies to are cheapies and in regional areas. Investigate widely into areas outside capital cities and check real estate institute member lists for some local agents and see what they have listed.

Profile photo of OzbravoOzbravo
    @ozbravo

Hi Garger

I searched the net and found 6 properties that fitted the rule in about 15 minutes.

Its more about finding the right sites and restricting the search to outside the bigger cities.

Try
    http://www.domain.com.au
    or…
    http://www.realestate.com.au

but whatever you do…DO NOT STOP LOOKING!!!

Kind Regards

Rob [8D]

Profile photo of KateGKateG
    @kateg

There are heaps on the net, if you look hard enough. I found that a lot of the agents don’t always post on the net that the property is currently tennanted. I made a few calls to agents, and many of the properties on the market that fit my criteria do have tenants in them.
    So I would recommend that you find an area in your price bracket, and then make a few calls and get an idea of rental return. Don’t just make a judgement on whether they fit the criteria from what you see on the net.

Good Luck.[:)

Aim for the moon, even if you miss you will end up amongst the stars!

Profile photo of Gatbe7Gatbe7
    @gatbe7

Hi Garger,

It is worth keeping in mind what goals you have set yourself. If you are looking at a monthly income then the 11 second rule is the best one to apply as this gives a good indication of the yield you will be receiving. However if you are looking at long term growth then the 11 second rule may not be useful. Generally high yields do not give high long term returns. So your investment may not grow as much as you have expected.

Anyway just make sure you align your goals and your property.

Cheers

Adam
    [8D]

Profile photo of TeyluTeylu
    @teylu

Hi All,

Tty this site also

http://www.property.com.au

Cheers
    Teylu

“Has anything you’ve done, made your life Better?”
    (American History X)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi gargar

Not sure what State you are looking in but certainly Qld is still blessed with 101 positive cash flow properties. We certainly find that most agents don’t get chance to list the best buys as they go quickly. Lets us now if you need help and consider interstate.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘11 second solution’ is closed to new replies.