All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Property Investing Bloopers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

This probably be in the ‘Forum Fun’ section, but I’ve put it here, as we may learn from each other’s blunders, mistakes, bloopers.
    So, here goes.
    One of our IP’s which was on the market had a full sized “For Sale” sign on it. I received a phone call from the RE agent(REA) “The sign was set alight, and someone’s run of with the letterbox”
    Considering, I wasn’t paying for advertising (I negotiated this) I wasn’t sure if I should ask him to put another sign up,but being Cheeky, I decided it couldn’t hurt to ask him to put another up. A week later, I get another phone call “It’s been set alight again”. Another, but smaller one was put up in its place.
    The REA was very good natured about it, especially now that the house is sold and he will soon get his commission [:D]
    I can’t wait to see your replies.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of adowlandadowland
    Participant
    @adowland

So now I know what a hot property must be like ??

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Adowland!

Very funny! LOL [:0)]

Cheers

Profile photo of kaydeekaydee
    @kaydee

Hi Sooshie,

One has to wonder whether the neighbours didn’t like your BIG sign.

[:D]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

…(singing)..Burning down the house.. Burning down the billboard…[:)]

When we went for a loan for 20acres in Kyneton, the bank sent someone to measure the land as part of there approval process….

anyway we had 2 guys knocking on our door in the Burbs on a 1/4ish block asking us where all the land was ??.. The bank sent the guys to our residential home not our block of land. Thing is they took weeks to come out ..to the wrong address .. so we were late getting the approval for the contracts.

thats my 2cents + 2% interest worth !.

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

@sooshie

Hi there,

We’re going to mow the lawns shortly before settlement. I wonder what else is burnt up in the mean time … [:D][:D][:D]
    Any additions from your end ???

Cheers
    Sooshie [:0)]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

My partner and I spoke to a REA last week and how there was this possible property that may take our interest.

He said it was great for students and professors as it was cheap and not that far out from a university.

Anyways, my partner and I drive into the town and found a small street. Looking lost as we weren’t from the area, we stopped two locals who were walking their dog and asked where the main street was. With a giggle and a huge smile on their faces, they told us we just drove past it :p

The funny thing was, it wasn’t even close to the university either. My partner and I couldn’t help laughing about it and moved on to the next property :p

Profile photo of susie_langmaid_2susie_langmaid_2
    @susie_langmaid_2

Aaron & I were on holidays recently in N.Z.& looking for a property to purchase which needed renovating.
    Lovely agent said “yes, I have a great one for you, currently owner occupied & they’ve started the renovations but can’t finish them”.

No wonder they can’t finish the renovating!! They obviously didn’t know where a new hot water service should go so believe it or not they’d actually stuck it on a make-shift box right in the corner of the dining room not even concealed or anything – just there it was!!!!!
    Cheers big Ears!!! Susie & Aaron

@sooshie

Hi there,

Brings new meaning to the idea –
    ‘High Tea, served in Dining Room’
    Help yourself!!!

Did they have a shower outlet nearby as well? Perhaps they were trying to make an en-suite off the dining room????

Sooty P, at least you stopped to ask directions!!! How many of you out there have partners or friends who won’t ask for directions until the sun has come down? [:P][:0)]

Cheers

Profile photo of EskapeEskape
    @eskape

Dumb, dumb, dumb…[:(]

We sold an IP last year which was once our PPOR. several years ago I stores some timber under the house and totally forgot about it.[8][:O] Contract signed, pest inspection… you guessed it!!!
    $1300.00 worht of termite eradication
    BUMMER

have a great day [:)]

Robert

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Property Investing Bloopers’ is closed to new replies.