All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Ipswich in Qld

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of RedliliaRedlilia
    @redlilia

One agent recommend Ipswich land and house
    package. Anybody is familiar with Ipswich?
    I can’t find much information from internet.
    I was told the vacancy rate is pretty low.

thanks,

Profile photo of adowlandadowland
    Participant
    @adowland

quote:

One agent recommend Ipswich land and house
    package. Anybody is familiar with Ipswich?
    I can’t find much information from internet.
    I was told the vacancy rate is pretty low.

thanks,

Large town just off the side of Brisbane, being well recognised now as a good place to invest in judging by the more than 38% growth rate in the last year alone. Worked there as a resident over 20 years ago now and we called it a “hoon” town then where the big entertainment was to go and watch the traffic lights change. Old mining Town with the coal industry closed down now. Have to be careful and check the records for the possibility of subsidence. But generally probably a not too bad place to invest, lots of old Queenslander style houses, reasonable blocks of dirt etc. But to find a positive CF property (especially if using Steve’s 11 sec rule) would be nigh on impossible now.

Alex

Profile photo of HaroldHarold
    @harold

Hey Redlilia, where are you from

Regarding Ipswich, it used to be the best Positive gearing real estate around Brisbane until the housing boom has increased prices X4. The house I’m living in won’t be mine by next week, that’s a sign of the market.

Vacancy rates are incredibly low and new land estates are sold before they are subdivided and developed.

In my opinion, whatever you pay will be too much unless you get a gem, which are still around if you know a bad (or good agent) at the right time

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Good call Harold. Ipswich was and still is a great place to invest. As Harold said you have to be aware of the market and what is happening but there are still deals out there. Ipswich is where I cut my teeth and still consider it a second home. As in all places there are good and bad agents but I am pretty happy with the ones I deal with. Honest and forthright.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of MrFairGoMrFairGo
    @mrfairgo

We have four houses (JV) wrapped in Ipswich. Good place for it, but as noted above, it’s getting harder to find the bargains.

Lance

Fair Go Homes
    http://fairgohomes.com.au

Rapt with Wrapping!
    (07) 5465 4999
    [email protected]

Profile photo of RedliliaRedlilia
    @redlilia

Andrew (AD),

Can you let me know the contact details
    of agent you deal with? I will
    fly there from Sydney this weekend.

thanks,

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Redlilia

We have several properties in Ipswich and the Lockyer Valley area. If you want any advice on the area and what you get for your money please feel free to contact me.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Redlilia,

you reckon Pauline Hanson has made Ipswich famous?

I’m also interested in the bayside area of brissy, they might become the eastern subs that we have in Sydney.

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

No worries Red I would have emailed you but you left no address,

Agent is…….Debie Hood – 0415 455 145.

She is a great lady and I have always found her very honest but you have to make up your own mind on that one. Let her know I sent you through so she at least knows where you are coming from.

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

So Red, did you get going anywhere yet ??

Enjoy
    (Andrew)

Profile photo of kaydeekaydee
    @kaydee

Just a couple of things to note about ipswich – watch out for old mines (they still have not mapped them all yet) so do your searches carefully

Also Boeing have just renewed their contract with Amberely airbase and the air base is expanding over the next few years. Expect up to 6000 new servicemen and women in the area over the next 3 years. Property prices are still going up but bargains are out there. Expect to pay $140K – $170K for standard 3 bed post war home in reasonable condition in some areas. This is a great little town and is growing fast. Check out the Ipswich City Council website for demographics and other information regarding due diligence.

Have fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ipswich in Qld’ is closed to new replies.