All Topics / The Treasure Chest / possitive gearing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of leeanne75leeanne75
    @leeanne75

I have been reading “from 0 – 130 properties in 3.5 years and I aggree that positive gearing is the way to go, however i find it very hard to find a property worth $125000 that you can rent out for $250 per week, I live in Brisbane and have just purchased my first investment property paying $223000 for a brand new 4 bedroom house, this is about the cheapest new house going, yet i can only rent it for $230 after real estate costs.
    so this property in negiive geared. any suggestions as to were to find properties to possitive gear????

Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

Leeanne75
    As much as I would like to give you an easy answer, there really isn’t one. If there was some magic town/suburb where all property was positively geared then it would be snapped up pretty quickly wouldn’t it. It comes down to looking around, QLD has better opportunities than most states. Many people buying +geared at the moment are buying in rural towns. It is getting harder and harder to find them as this market keeps moving up. Sorry I can’t be more help, but the only way to track down a great deal is with a lot of research. Things like rental yields for area’s, migration patterns, housing prices for an area etc.

Best of luck
    McDeyess

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Leeanne,

You are so lucky that you live in QLD.

+ve cashflow properties are in many large regional towns of QLD.

Have you searched http://www.realestate.com.au , and http://www.property.com.au ? They are a great starting point. Search by price, and include all areas. Do your due diligence on each property though. There are a lot of sharks out there, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting buyers.

Don’t give up,[:)]
    Good luck,

Del

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘possitive gearing’ is closed to new replies.