Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Ash_2Ash_2
    Participant
    @ash_2

Hi,

Can anyone there tell me about their experience with buying properties from Defence Housing Australia (DHA) ?

They guarantee tenancy for 6 or 9 years it seems, but have high administration charges.

Thier listed property prices are high as these are selected carefully in specific areas, mostly in NSW.

This is one of my options if I have to invest there by living at present in Toronto.

Ash.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Ash,

Many experienced investors aren’t so keen on them for a number of reasons.

1. They often end up with a lower valuation than the property next door because you have a limited market if you need to sell. This is because it would not be available as a PPOR until expiration of that long lease.

2. The returns are in line with the market roughly. Experienced investors feel they can spend some time to find somethiung better.

They have much that is positive though and I am sure you are aware of those things. They may very well suit your profile with you being out of the country. Their management, although not cheap is very good and you will need to devote little attention to your investment.

I spent years living in Married Quarters when I was in the Army and am quite familiar with them from several different angles. Please feel free to get in touch or post more specific questions if I can help at all.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘DHA’ is closed to new replies.