All Topics / The Treasure Chest / By experience – Who is a good Lender

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

All,

When applying for a IO loan on one or multiple IPs, which is the better lender ?

Who would offer 100% (or close to) finance on IPs ?

Would you go through the same lender, when you get up to 5-10 IPs… ?

Regards,
    Arty.
    [^]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Arty

Most of the Bank’s will offer 100% plus costs if additional security is being offered. If you are looking at multiple securities you should consider one of the Professional Plans which will save you not only on the interest rate but also on the establishment / valuation fees which can soon mount up. Happy to email you list if you want to contact me.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I used ANZ 95% IO loans with LMI added on top (5 loans in one year). ANZ are pretty good on serviceability and also offer 100% offset accounts on IO loans.

The problem with ANZ is the mistakes they made. nearly every settlement has problems. And now I have sold 4 of these properties recently and settlement was delayed by ANZ stuff ups.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

CBA are terrible to deal with. Missed settlements, lost docs, no accountability and all round poor service.

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

That sounds like Aussie Home Loans(broker), they are slack !, late settlements, and even when the property is fully paid, they neglected to remove the hold on the title !.

Any good ones ?
    So far ANZ is in the lead…. [:0)]

Participant
    @arty

That sounds like Aussie Home Loans(broker), they are slack !, late settlements, and even when the property is fully paid, they neglected to remove the hold on the title !.

Any good ones ?

Participant
    @terryw

What? ANZ in the lead?

I recently found that 2 of those properties that I had loans for with ANZ had a major problem. The titles were not in my name-18 months after being purchased. After many phone calls and complaints etc, I found out that ANZ had not transferred the titles.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @arty

…OK Terry, ANZ is disqualified due to that point about the titles !….

Do you work for a lender ie “Discover Home Loans” ?
    Or are you like a broker ?

Regards,
    Arty.
    [:)]

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

I’m yet to find a good consistent lender. Do you agree Terry?

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Participant
    @terryw

Arty

yes we are mortgage brokers.

Stuart

I love ANZ products, but….. There are some good lenders out there. the smaller ones seem to be better at the customer service are.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Email Me

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

We managed to get a good deal with St George using their Portfolio Loan. We have some of the accounts p&i and some interest only – you can split into sub accounts for each property so its a breeze at tax time and we were given a professional rate as well. Also they waived all loan costs on the latest sub account and did 2 of the 4 valuations for free. We did have to change branches to find a good working relationship – the person who set up the loan stuffed it completely but the subsequent loans have been easy and we now have a great relationship. HG

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

I think it’s the credit people you get, rather than the bank. Some Brisbane CBA folk are just great, same for Suncorp Metway, Homeside (NAB) and Macquarie. To be honest we find that if it’s sent South because Bne centres are overloaded, things get hairy. Knowing the person to talk to that makes it happen …. makes it happen! [:O]

So in answer to the original question – I think it comes down to people, not whole institution.

[:)]
    Mel

Profile photo of schutzyschutzy
    @schutzy

quote:

Any good ones ?

Would like to add to this list but in the positive sense – We have used Bank SA for some five properties ( all settlements fantastic, all documentation correct, titles and monies always on time, (Country SA) great staff too…[8D]
    ING Bank for finance – excellent.
    Eastern Equity in Adelaide – fantastic service and advice – really puts the edge on PI’s.[:D]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

i use Homepath a lot. http://www.homepath.com.au
    Once again as with all the others they are often incompetant but
    They offer rates of only 5.65%
    No monthly account fees
    No application fees
    No valuation fees
    i have not found a product out there as good as there’s.
    on the down side they take 60 days to settle.

Profile photo of hotchocolatehotchocolate
    @hotchocolate

Recommend Suncorp Metway. Once you have a couple of loans with them you become a Premium Client, then you have your own contact person who does everything.

Don’t know if I have just been lucky but my guy went well out of his way last time, when my solicitor was slack. I live overseas and most of my contact is by email.

Profile photo of caddy222caddy222
    Participant
    @caddy222

Hi westan, I just went into the Homepath site. It appears to part/subsidary of the CBA?

Caddy

Profile photo of HomeLoanGuyHomeLoanGuy
    @homeloanguy

Hi everyone,

Well, we do have our opinions don’t we? Melanie was the closest, in that it depends on who you work with on a personal level, not so much the institution.

Whilst many of the replies are from brokers like myself, I don’t remember one of them saying to establish a relationship with a broker (or dare I say it,, a branch manager – if he/she is there very long!).

As brokers, we are very aware which institution is performing well on any particular month, for product and after sales service (such as settlements and releases).

All of the institutions have performed well in the past and will do so again. But they trip up on occasion.

Many of you may be afraid of paying a brokerage fee. This is usually past history now (certainly is with me, I don’t charge any fee to the borrower). We are paid well enough on the commission earned by the institution of your choice.

So, in summary, your situation will determine the best lender on the day, and as for multiple securities, again it depends on your situation. I have recommended in the past splitting your debt between institutions for your personal security and financial planning, and to excersise more control over the lenders.

Lots of good brokers on this forum, email them and get to know them. Distance is no longer an issue today, so don’t worry if they are not local. Form a relationship, you’ll be impressed with what a good broker can do to help you.

Cheers!!

Gary Young
    Home Loan Connexion
    Mobile 0407 64 66 32
    Fax +61 7 4636 4841
    email [email protected]

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Arty [:)]

It’s the lender that says yes !

Try them all, trust me on this. Just take a large folder where ever you go with the small summaries of attempts, lenders like to compare, evaluate & more importantly they love to say COME IN TAKE A SEAT.

Michael
    just be

Participant
    @arty

Morning.. I just got back to the forum and the topic is still going. [:)]

Many Thanks to all that replied!. I now information to go on with.

I also read the propertyinvesting newsletter last night about fixed and variable interest rates, that was a shock. I didnt realise if you took a fixed interest rate loan (which at the moment would seem to be better..) and you paid it out early, they calculate the penalty based on the current interest rate and the rate you fixed your loan at. But if you took out a variable interest loan, if the interest rate jumps up, you could be paying more for the loan repayments than what the tenant is paying in rent (ie. negative gearing.)

..sort of between a rock and a hard place.

Many Thanks Again,
    Arty.
    [:D]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Homepath have a great budget prioduct and I have put clients into them when it meets their needs.

They are slow to settle, slow to communicate and will prob drive you nuts up until settlement!

Once the loan is in place they are great.

There is no offset but they do have unlimited free redraws. Don’t be fooled into thinking that this is the same thing though.

The best bank is really an impossible question. Like asking the best car. It really depends what the individuals needs are. Obviously a 4wd is best for one person and an Excel another…..

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘By experience – Who is a good Lender’ is closed to new replies.