All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Investing in New Zealand

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

does anyone have any comments on the thought of buying a investment property in New Zealand is there money to be made over there????just started researching this tonight what is the dollar difference if they have a house for sale for $200,000 what is the Oz dollar???if anyone has property over there i would love to hear from you my email address is [email protected] if so what areas are good over there??????[:D]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Kristine
    This subject has already been under discussion.Use your search button at the top and you should find quite a lot of info on this subject.There are a number of web sites listed throughout the postings.
    Most houses for sale are listed under http://www.realenz.co.nz.
    http://www.century21.co.nz are revamping their site at the moment.

Get yourself a good map or book of maps.eg Kiwi Pathfinder North Island 329 Provincal Towns. It cost me NZ$27.95. There is also one for the South Island.

Nelson house prices have gone up 40% in the last year.

The NZ$ is worth about A88c at the moment.

There are a lot of +ive cash flow houses all round the country but you need to do your own research.

Here is one site I’ve not seen listed yet.
    http://www.searchnz.co.nz.

Good luck

Regards

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

http://www.xe.com/ucc

currency converter with up to the minute exchange rates

http://www.propertyinvestor.co.nz

Kiwi Property Investor magazine – a magazine about investing in NZ real estate – highly recommended, I get it sent to me every month

just an aside, according to the KPI website “The message is coming through loud and clear Ð from an increasingly wide array of media Ð that residential property is the new, albeit slightly more conservative, rock Ôn roll. “

ahhhh!! that would explain it then….

cheers –
    Mini

*rock chick from way back*

@muppet

Hi Mini
    This must be one of your shortest replies. It only took me 2 secs to digest the info.

When are you becoming a moderator?

Regards

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi muppet, how are ya!!!!

oh, my short post, well, I just edited it so it’s longer
    *hehe*

moderator?
    Probably never…hehe

i am way too immoderate

http://www.vocalbureau.com

@muppet

Hi Mini

Sorry I didn’t read all your post.It didn’t appear all at once.Each time I looked at it some more had come down the line.
    As regards the KPI Magazine there is a wee bit of dissent amongst investors regarding Richmastery dominance of it.

Apparently a new property magazine is due to go on sale soon at about $6.95.

Regards

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Muppet,

if it wasn’t for richmastery I don’t think there would *be* a KPI magzine.
    They bought it and have made it bigger and better every month, from an 18 page or whatever to 90 plus which it is now. There may be a few ads for their own products and their accountants etc however they are successful investors themselves who got there very fast and i think they helped set a lot of this stuff up – or at least consulted – because it didn’t exist before to that degree, i.e.

http://leveragefinance.co.nz

Notice brad sugars supports them. Brad Sugars is someone they learned from and it seems he’s backing them now with testimonials. So….maybe they are just out there doing things that successful business operators do such as leveraging off someone else’s reputation….

As NZ’s leading property investing education entrepreneurs they have probably helped create demand for the mag, as they are teaching people about property investing much like Steve and co. are.

I am part way through watching the video set of their seminar and finding it very good so far, adding on to what I already know and supporting everything I’ve learned from Steve, Dave, the reno kings, Stuart, Tony, Dolf, John, and Robert!

it will be good if demand is there to support another magazine – well then I’l subscribe to both!

Oh yeah – their property finder service (they say) was started after they hired people around NZ to find them deals for themselves. Someone asked if they could pass on the deals they didn’t want, so they did. Phil Jones tells how even he checks his own web-site to see what deals his company has ‘turned down’ and even buys some of them too.

i believe them.

the magazine articles don’t necessarily support richmastery ideals either, such as the recent article with Bob Jones (legendary NZ property multi millionaire) which was hilarious

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Mini,

I didn’t realize that richmastery owns KPI even I went to their 3 day seminar this month in sydney.

Just to clear my self you are in NZ isn’t it ?

what’s the name for new magazine which is coming to market anyone knows?
    wealthcreator also good magazine though it’s not only for properties.

Cheers

Amit

Participant
    @minimogul

hi amit,
    no, from there, buy there, live in Sydney.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of KtkiwiKtkiwi
    @ktkiwi

Minimogul,

Your comments about the NZ magazine are sadly misguided.
    i.e. “If it wasn’t for Richmastery I don’t think there would be a KPI magazine.”
    “from a pathetic 18 page or whatever to 90 plus…”
    The KPI (formerly the NZ Property Investor mag) was launched in 1997 primarily to supply the Auckland Property Investors Association with a public voice and INDEPENDENT articles of interest to investors. Its popularity led to it becoming a national magazine. Note I say independent and for several years it maintained it’s independence.
    My companies were amongst the first to support it with not only advertising but occassional editorial input too when the editor asked for useful content.

Admittedly it wasn’t the biggest or the glossiest mag around but it certainly was very well respected in the residential property investment industry due to it having genuinely independent material in it.
    Shares in the magazine were not publicly made for sale but along came the latest “new kids” on the property investment block from ESC (Richmastery) who saw the opportunity to buy and then use this publication for their own means.

There has been much discussion in an NZ property investment forum already (www.housemouse.co.nz) about the lack of independent content and the fact that many articles in KPI don’t even have the name of the person who wrote them? (many written by Phil and David with their own agenda implied) Often articles are pointed back to associated companies of Richmastery.
    Many former advertisers in the mag (including my companies) refuse to advertise in the KPI because of its lack of independence.

Since taking over the magazine they have also used it as a very public forum to “slate” any competitors or those who choose not to align themselves with them i.e. Hanna Brothers, Neil Jenman, and my own company for launching a property cycle clock.
    Just check out the article by Neil Jenman called “Kiwi Deceivers Target Aussie Consumers” to see what I mean… http://www.jenman.com/NewsNews1.php?id=98

There is a new mag coming and it is very welcome. In fact so much so that it is endorsed by the very respectible organisation called the NZ Property Investors Federation (which governs 16 Property Investor Associations throughout NZ).
    Members of the associations will get the new magazine at discounted prices (not umnlike the former arrangements with KPI – but I am told the new mag will cost members less than KPI)

The new mag due out this month is called “The New Zealand Property Investor” and is published by Tarawera Publishing which publishes 2 niche magazines (NZ Mortgage Mag & NZ Asset) and operates 2 websites Goodreturns.co.nz and Sharechat.co.nz The editor of the new mag is, Bob Dey, a well respected journalist who has written about business and property for the likes of the National Business Review and the NZ Herald for over a decade.

I admit the “odd” article in KPI is of interest but they are few and far between… I look forward to the new mag!

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Kiwi Gurus,

Does anyone know if KPI Magazine is available in Australia, without having to subscribe for 12 months?

Thanks guys,
    Have a great week,

Del

Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

The KPI magazine certainly is biased.

I attempted to advertise my software in their magazine but they refused to let me. Richmastery has their own software package and so they told me it was not in richmastery’s best interest to advertise a competing product. If this was an independent and useful magazine the readers would have the freedom of choice. It makes you wonder how much other content is or is not there based on what is in the best interest of richmastery.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz
    Software for Landlords

Profile photo of tamaratamara
    @tamara

Ktkiwi

The new magazine you are refering to…will it be available in magazine shops or should I be looking elsewhere for it?

My husband and I are currently investing in OZ and NZ and will be purchasing in NZ around xmas time, going back to have baby NO.3 then back up to Brunei.

Tamara

Profile photo of KtkiwiKtkiwi
    @ktkiwi

The new NZ Property Investor should be available later this month from the publishers website at http://www.goodreturns.co.nz

@muppet

Hi Kieran

Thanks for your informative comment on the KPI Magazine.

Yes I miss your articles and also those by the 3 Wise Men. The articles in the old mag didn’t appear as long winded as some of the articles are in the new mag appear to be at times.
    I’ve noticed that KPI is not very impressed with your clock.
    However I do pick up the odd good hint plus it is also good to know that at most times I appear to be doing the right thing.

You mentioned that the new mag will be available to members of the NZPIF at a reduced rate. Will that include all members or just members of some associations?

You make mention of Housemouse. I check it out on a daily basis and I’ve noticed an upsurge of traffic on it. Also good to see your qualified answers to investors problems.

Rentmaster keep your comments and newsletters coming. I enjoy reading them.

Regards

Participant
    @minimogul

Hi KtKiwi,
    nice to hear from you again,

I edited a certain word out of my previous post because I hadn’t meant to be insulting.

re:
    “latest “new kids” on the property investment block from ESC (Richmastery) who saw the opportunity to buy and then use this publication for their own means”

yep I am taking on board your view that these guys are obviously not just doing this as a public service to be kind and give back to humanity, helping out their fellow property investors- they saw a business opportunity that they thought would work well with what else they are selling and doing and went for it. I ‘get’ that it’s biased to a certain (but not total) extent. (but then why did the original owners sell? Maybe because not CF+ve???)

For me KPI magazine is still worth the purchase price and I am glad it exists. I’ve only bought three issues so far because I only discovered it a little while ago.

i would certainly buy another magazine in addition if there is one. I hope it has a website where you can subscribe, too. I also hope two magazines won’t turn into one camp slagging off the other.

it’s a shame that KPI won’t take ads from people who supply competing products to their own. That’s a bit bogus, but obviously they don’t need the advertising dollar that much…

I am going to go off and check out all the links you posted, thanks for providing that bit of background info.

PS
    OK just read the Jenman site, ewww, the dude is majorly peeved!!
    Bear in mind that Jenman’s books are all about fear – i.e. ‘watch out! you’ll get ripped off by all the shady tricksters in the real estate industry!!!’ and so of course he constantly needs more ‘tricksters’ to ‘warn people about’ in order to write more books….

There’s a dude, forget his name, Treed or something, who’s totally against Robert Kiyosaki and who coincidentally (not) writes books himself, that i bet he wishes were as popular. I see parallels…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Investing in New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.