All Topics / The Treasure Chest / it the same as wages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

[?][^]can anyone bexplane the affect on centrelink payments is it the same as wages

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Centrelink use your taxable income and will make any adjustments accordingly.

In some cases there will also be an asset test.

Check with centrelink.

Rod.

Profile photo of ChantellChantell
    Participant
    @chantell

Hey aaronj,

Sorry for being nosy but what sort of payments to you want from Centrelink, I recieve YA and it doesn’t pay for everything.

Centrelink demands on
    a) your age if you under 25 then conditions apply -i.e. the still classifry you under your parents income (if you don’t meet certain conditions),
    b) your financial situation,
    c) your assets (I know with YA if you have more than $2000 (I think) in your bank account when applying the are likely to postpone the payments for a period of time and tell you to live off savings – if this is the case could be an idea to hide the money.)

I hope this helps – they are three major things I have learnt with my dealings.

Chantell

Profile photo of Cameron_2Cameron_2
    Participant
    @cameron_2

Hi aaronj,
    I’m not quite sure what your question is. But if you are asking whether a lender will accept centrelink payments in the same manner as wages when deciding if you can afford a loan, it does depend.

For example if you want to use family payments as part of your income, your children must be under 12 years old. (i.e. the income must continue for at least 5 years.)
    Lenders generally won’t accept unemployment benefits. As for youth allowance, I’m not sure but probably not as there is no guarantee on it continuing.
    Hope this helps.
    Cameron

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

quote:

Hi aaronj,
    I’m not quite sure what your question is. But if you are asking whether a lender will accept centrelink payments in the same manner as wages when deciding if you can afford a loan, it does depend.

For example if you want to use family payments as part of your income, your children must be under 12 years old. (i.e. the income must continue for at least 5 years.)
    Lenders generally won’t accept unemployment benefits. As for youth allowance, I’m not sure but probably not as there is no guarantee on it continuing.
    Hope this helps.
    Cameron

thanks for the info I should have figured that”s what they would do

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘it the same as wages’ is closed to new replies.