All Topics / The Treasure Chest / someone good with figures help?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

hi all

i am trying to do the figures on my property to see whether to hold or sell.

i can only get so far and my head just gets confused and can’t think clearly and objectively.

the issues im trying to deal with are

projections

refinancing

cashflow

risks

tax issues

sell or hold

hope someone responds

regards
    alf

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Gee Alf

we need a bit more details if you want some response.
    Like where the property is.
    how much is it rented for
    what is the market value now
    what will be the cost to keep ie any large maintenance issues.
    if you sell how much CGT will you pay
    what you will do with the cash?profit if any (ie another property and then we need all the info on the new one to see if it is better).
    we also need to know what your stategy is ie Buy and hold ? etc.
    What is your long term goals in investing.
    all these things must be taken into consideration. If yopu have no plan you will make short term decissions when you have to have a long term plan. If you don’t you will be influenced by every little bit of negative news ie “property market to drop by 30%”
    you need a stategy .
    if some of this is too personal for the forum email me at [email protected] and i will share my thoughts
    regards westan

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

hi westan

yes some of the stuff is a bit personal but i will email you.

You may just be a lifesaver.

I have gone to my accountant but he is absolutely useless when it comes to sharing some direction.

I think he is only interested in shares i am going to change once i find one that is competent in property accountancy.

kind regards
    alf

Profile photo of Johnny1Johnny1
    @johnny1

Alf – I hope I haven’t worried you into selling up your IP by talking about “The Whittler

Participant
    @stargazer

hi johnny

No not at all have been deciding for a while still not sure it goes a bit deeper than the whittler.

How are you going have you soughted your own stuff out.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of noddiesnoddies
    @noddies

Hi Alf,[:)]
    The main reason to keep a property is that is either an appreciating asset or is a scource of income.Risks with property are quite low so the main reason to sell is your financial position,unless of course you have used value adding methods such as renos or wraps to flick on when finished.
    I can help you with an analysis of your situation off line

regards

Bryce Inglis
    [email protected]
    http://www.ipal.com.au

@westan

Hi alf

yes you need a good accountant. i’ve just made contact with one many on the forum use. He is a property investor himself and is very knowledgeable about all investing and trusts etc. He has written a book on trusts. I found that the acountants i was using knew about the same as i did about tax and property investing (a worry). I think i have a very good knowledge but i want someone who know more that me to advise in that regard. I went to an accountant about 6 years ago when i first thought about investing in cash positive properties. He advised against it and said i sound invest in education bonds for my children future education. Luckily i didn’t follow his advice (which cost me $70, i still have the receipt one day i’ll frame it). Today these properties have made enough money that i no longer need to work. So yes get a good accountant.
    If your in melbourne i’ll tell who it is. AD on the forum has mentioned in the past that he travels from interstate to see this accountant.
    regards westan

@westan

sorry one other comment. i’m actually selling a few (about 12 properties) but i’m using the money to reinvest in another area of the property market. The reason i’m selling is, my property prices have risen and this new investment has better returns.
    westan

Profile photo of HomeLoanGuyHomeLoanGuy
    @homeloanguy

Hi Alf,

I think you need the input of a few experts, I’d be surprised if one person could answer all of your concerns.

Whilst I do not comment on investment strategy or tax strategies, I feel I have some useful advice on refinance and loan structures. Feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you would like help in the finance area.

Gary Y.

Gary Young
    Home Loan Connexion
    Mobile 0407 64 66 32
    Fax +61 7 4636 4841

Profile photo of Johnny1Johnny1
    @johnny1

Hi Alf

The only way I’ll be able to sort the “Whittler” out is to sell up and get out, but I wouldn’t give them that satisfaction. I’m an owner, and they have more power in our strata corporation than I do [:0)].

If anyone is wondering who the “Whittler” is – please refer to my posting “Whittles Strata Managers – MGA Group of Companies“, posted 16/8/03 [}:)]

Participant
    @stargazer

hi all and a great thanks

Westan

i will email you shortly probably monday. I am interested to know of that accountant in melbourne even though i am in adelaide if he as good as you say an i have a healthy respect from someone that has done it and knows the business.
    Dont mind getting over to Melbourne once a year.

Bryce

I greatly appreciate this Bryce as i need an analysis which is unbiased.
    Everyone i have been involved with plays me the tune that suits them for there own ends. I just need the right people that dont have a vested interest and are totally independent. I feel i am too involved and my judgement needs some logical input. Thanks again bryce i will email you probably monday. Any thing specifc you need please let me know via forum is ok.

Gary
    Thankyou also and i will email probably Monday yes i have been looking at the refinance side. The bank i am with is tightening up and wont even do a valuation unless i am purchasing another property.

Johnny
    Id be interested to know your experience with whittler if you dont want to mention it on the forum you can email me [email protected]

kind regards
    alf

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Alf.

Download my little IP simulator application EZ-Rent. You may find it of some use?

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors.
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Participant
    @stargazer

hi ezi rent

thanks i’ll do that much appreciated

regards
    alf

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

ALf…

If your bank is “tightening up” and making it alot more difficult for you. I suggest looking for another bank.. Or better yet a decent broker..

gl

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘someone good with figures help?’ is closed to new replies.