All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Darwin vs. Tasmania

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

I have one IP in Darwin and currently have my PPOR in Tasmania. Neither were really planned as a road to ‘wealth’ – just a roof over my head depending on where I chose to live at the time. It seems now, however, that I’ve inadvertently acquired about $220k in equity.

I would love to have a ‘portfolio’ on purpose by buying another IP or two but am interested in opinion regarding where I do this. That is, Tasmania (post-boom) or Darwin (perhaps never going to boom).

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Josie.

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

JoC
    There is one thing that just might make Darwin a good boom and it runs from Adeilade to Darwin by the end of the year,I have not been to Darwin since Trasies visit but that will change one day
    aaron

Profile photo of George3George3
    @george3

Hi Guys,

My wife is a Tassie girl so we travel there often. I don’t think Tassie will have long term growth as the population is not increasing.

DArwin is the way to go. Have a place up there (Nightcliff) and all of a sudden it is “hot property”. An agent up there said alot of $ is comming in from interstate investors as it is not only the railroad but gas deals that are headed for Darwin. One thing to remember is Darwin is different from other states and therfore is in a different growth cycle. About 7 to 10 years ago Darwin property surged when Sydney was stagnent.

Don’t buy in Tassie after the boom, go pre-boom to Darwin and cash in faster.

Cheers, George.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Darwin vs. Tasmania’ is closed to new replies.