Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of dennisdennis
    @dennis

Does anyone know anything about Cobar? Has the mine situation stabilised? What is the future here? I like the town but am a little hesitant about it’s long term future.
    Can anybody add anything?
    Regards,
    Dennis

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi,

My family is from up that way… do you like it just because it has cheap houses, or do you like it as a place because you have been there… If you haven’t been there, perhaps a trip is in order, because even though there’s bugger all out there, it’s pretty interesting…

Do some research on google to find out the future of the mines, and also economic development stats for the area… I was just looking at them the other day.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

You must check with the local council and chamber of commerce or equivalent for any business happening, to see what its future is.
    If business is coming in and there is increasing population etc, they are positives.
    If businesses/people are leaving the town, I wouldn’t go near it.

Profile photo of dennisdennis
    @dennis

Thanks all! Richmong I have been there on a number of occasions, the town has a good feel. Where does one find all the local statistics?
    Regards

Profile photo of slick41slick41
    @slick41

Hi Dennis,

I’ve blown consideerable $$ in Cobart already, albeit not in property. But have been there and it is a bit depressing, but maybe moreso for me!

Rgds, Damien

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Dennis,

Spend some time on google.com and you’ll find everything you are looking for…

Cobar’s fortunes rise and fall with the mines, and also the surrounding area in terms of drought affected farmers… You’re one of the few people I’ve come across who reckon it’s got a good feel… a lot of people think it’s a hole… Me? I reckon it’s okay but I won’t be hurrying up there to buy IPs, there’s better places to target first…

Cheers mate,
    r

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cobar’ is closed to new replies.