All Topics / The Treasure Chest / is tassy really that good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 224013224013
    Participant
    @224013

I keep hearing how tassy is a good place to buy is there anywere else as good

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

yes, there are even better areas keep looking.

One warning about tas. Avoid some suburbs of Hobart , Clarendon Vale in particular is a bad area (i mean real Bad). i luckily sold my house there after 5 yaears of continual problems. i would never buy there again. There are other bad area on the east shore but some great places also.
    Do your homework, don’t buy sight unseen.
    regards westan

Profile photo of 224013224013
    Participant
    @224013

Thanks for the heads up bad as in people (jandals) or property sale
    I’m sure there must be some bargains in nsw I’ve noticed broken hill but you would need to wear a water tank from what i’ve heard
    aaron

Profile photo of MikeRobinsonMikeRobinson
    @mikerobinson

HI 224013,I’m from B.H. and you are right,there are lots of bargains here.We have houses ranging from $15000 to $400000 but we have had a lot of interest from out of town lately and I believe the bottom end is fairly saturated.We are no different to any other town,you still have to do your homework.If you get a tenant in your cheapie you will be very pos. geared but remember it will take a lot of $15000 to get to $400000.It’s still a lot of fun this investing no matter what end we jump in.My problem is a lack of patience waiting for the next one.I have to keep reminding myself that the deal of a lifetime really does come around once a month.Happy investing,Mick

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

When I was doing my research, Roseberry (I hope it’s spelt right) was a NO GO ZONE.
    Queenstown has cheaper suburbs, but considered a ghost town. Even Casper has to live somewhere [:0)]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

LOL…LMFAO…haaaaa god you are funny bugger…Launceston has a high vacancy rate from what i can see

Profile photo of dr housedr house
    Participant
    @dr-house

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn’t invest there just for the sake of investing.
    If the property market flattens out, those and country areas are probably the first to go flat or even down.
    Tasmania, has not good any population growth, as opposed to QLD.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘is tassy really that good’ is closed to new replies.