All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Population Growth Figures for QLD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Hi All
    Just wanted to point out that some interesting population statistics and predictions have been printed on the front page of the Courier Mail (Bris.) today 27/8/03. It highlights an interstate and immigrant move into QLD and predicts the need for at least 380 000 new dwellings in the next 20 years. That is 19000 per year and the current rate of new dwelling approvals is about 10000 per year. These figures may be a fair signal that QLD is still good to go forward?

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hmmmmm…. if only I could work out a way to come up with 9000 deposits……
    Sounds like the Qld market still has a way to go

Cheers

Marty

Profile photo of kelly1100kelly1100
    @kelly1100

Nothing unexpected there. Lots and lots of “cashed-up” southerners coming up to the Sunshine. God help them when we get a decent cyclone season.

Queensland prices seem to be on the up and the locals (I’m from the “hills”) say its because the people coming up from south are accustomed to high prices down there and are happy to pay those sort of prices up here. Not smart investing…but who am I to judge.

Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

Yeah I have believed for a while that QLD still has some growth. One of the valid points someone on this forum raised against it is the job market here. I do agree having moved here recently I know lots of newcomers looking for work, it is there but not as easy to find. Mind you that is just annecdotal *cannot spell* evidence, does anyone know the unemployment figures for QLD as compared to the national average. I couldn’t see anything up to date on the ABS site?

McDeyess

Profile photo of SachSach
    @sach

Where abouts in QLD do you live? I used to be on
    the Gold Coast from 2000 to 2002 and when I just
    moved there houses were so cheap to buy, but as
    I was leaving the house prices had added in growth
    by approx 50%+ (Area not that close to beach –
    Southport, Narang, Robina)

early 2000 – avg house $125,000
    endof 2002 – avg house $190,000

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Population Growth Figures for QLD’ is closed to new replies.