All Topics / The Treasure Chest / What’s your profession?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 262 total)
  • Profile photo of azraelazrael
    Participant
    @azrael

Hi All,

I’m just a lowly accounts clerk, looking for a way out

Profile photo of tuansentuansen
    @tuansen

I’m a Web Developer working in South Melbourne. A kick ass location to be straining the brain.

Profile photo of RENEE2003RENEE2003
    @renee2003

I work for channel seven doing admin part-time. With the rest of my time I look after my 2 year old daugher.
    I see there is a few fireman, my husband has been a fireman for 7 years in the NT.

Profile photo of lifestylelifestyle
    @lifestyle

armoured guard on money trucks for Chubb.Good job,although self employment is the ultimate goal. You get heaps of usefull imformation though because you go to banks all day. You just ask the bank staff about any thing you need to know about money matters.

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Hey people,

Man..this topic really draws in a lot of interests.
    Personally, I’m glad to be in this forum. We all have a common goal, that is “FREEDOM”

Let’s keep investing.

Profile photo of libirozalibiroza
    @libiroza

Helloooo,

I’ve been temping as a PA/data entry/DTP/cust service/sales for the past 6 years. Fell in love with real estate and decided to get my Agents Reps Certificate (finish it in two months). So I will be changing my career completely this year!

Being a real estate agent will also give me a lot of insight for my investing purposes as well, so that’s a bonus.

Buying my 1st investment property this week. Very excited![:)]

Profile photo of Ernest2Ernest2
    @ernest2

Hi all,

Interesting reading…

I’m just a child care worker down in cold old Tassie!! Love my work but earn next to nothing – hard to start investing with this wage – thats why I’m reading the posts on this forum.

Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

Hi
    Seems to be alot of bored IT people so i think i’ll stay away from that profession.
    I sell and install garage doors but i only earn income if i work – when i’m away i don’t earn – so i’m looking for a passive income.
    and want to ‘retire’ in 8 years.
    1st Jan 2012
    rgds
    Cobra

Profile photo of argelleargelle
    Participant
    @argelle

Hi guys.

Im a domestic engineer with 5 children trying to bring my dreams into reality.

Wealth, time and more dreams – bring it on

Have no IP as yet, will get there

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Wayne…

Like you I was a futures trader/broker in 80’s.
    !981-1988, there on the day 20th Oct.’87. Made more money writing options and trading Aussie $ than anything else. The SPI used to be $100 point.

Of course you can “short” the Real Estate Market.

A real life example…..

Canberra median price is $318,000 today. If you owned a Canberra property at this price and sold it today you could probably buy it back in 18-24 months for $210-$250,000.

Canberra has a history of “crashing”…no soft landings there.

Watch out for the DJIA and SPI…a sell if ever I saw one.

Best of luck..
    Billfromoz

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

Started in Real Estate in 1971. Self employed since 1972. Added Mortgage consuting in 1993.

Sold out in 1980….traded futures and option writing for 9 years. Back to Realestate and mortgages 1990 as agent/broker.

Last 2 years I’m my only client, I have…more fun no hassles, no office…love doing deals.

Billfromoz

Profile photo of Louise1Louise1
    @louise1

Hi I am also in IT. I have 2 negatively geared properties and I am looking into passive income to become financially independant because I don’t think IT is going to offer me financial independance and I am also very bored.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi

Public servant of 10 years with Defence in Canberra[:0)]. Currently on stress leave as they would not let me use my Rec Leave. Also running vending machine business, and managing 14 IPs (selling two this week). Were reasonably positive until latest purchases which have had great growth, but at the expense of income return.
    Looking to replace income by purchasing +ve IPs, and become a mortgage broker. Would like to be my only client as that would mean I’m buying lots of places, and earning an income as well.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Keith1Keith1
    @keith1

Hi All

Time to throw in my two pennyworth and admit I actually like my job, which is Managing a retail business (pet shop) in North Queensland. Own my own place and 1IP both fully paid for. After reading Steve’s book, now is the time (which should have been earlier) to turn these two into 52. Read an earlier Email saying they felt old at 39yrs (because of all the young people on this site), well I’m 60 with plenty of energy and still not ready to curl over yet and let you young one’s have all the fun in the +ve investments. Those 52 props I spoke about, I hope to have before I’m 65. So the word is Go4it. All the best to everyone and their ventures in the +ve market.

Keith

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Bill,

Keen to talk with you. Please say g’day.

Regards, Phil

quote:

G’day…

Started in Real Estate in 1971. Self employed since 1972. Added Mortgage consuting in 1993.

Sold out in 1980….traded futures and option writing for 9 years. Back to Realestate and mortgages 1990 as agent/broker.

Last 2 years I’m my only client, I have…more fun no hassles, no office…love doing deals.

Billfromoz

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Renee and family,

My brother is producer/networks program director for 7 in Sydney. How long have you been with 7 in NT?

Regards, Phil

quote:

I work for channel seven doing admin part-time. With the rest of my time I look after my 2 year old daugher.
    I see there is a few fireman, my husband has been a fireman for 7 years in the NT.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Argelle,

You’re in the perfect location for that. Appears to be both growth and rental cashflow in your state. Use it

Regards, Phil

quote:

Hi guys.

Im a domestic engineer with 5 children trying to bring my dreams into reality.

Wealth, time and more dreams – bring it on

Have no IP as yet, will get there

Profile photo of mumsdreammumsdream
    @mumsdream

Hi folks

I am an at home mum with a 6mos old girl and a 2 1/2 yr old boy – in a previous life I was a social worker working with kids mental health at the Royal Kids in Brisbane. My partner is in ministry and I am looking to somehow supplement income without going back to 9 to 5 to help pay for all those things you want to do for your kids…. We have one IP and are looking to expand very soon…

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello all,

If not too late my job is security for the government, must say really happy with this site, PS like to question as to why there has been no postings by real estate agents hehe, my first posting

Profile photo of Deany5550Deany5550
    @deany5550

Construction Manager….great job especially dealing with property and real estate each day….flat out, as would be expected in todays climate.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘What’s your profession?’ is closed to new replies.