All Topics / The Treasure Chest / What’s your profession?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 262 total)
  • Profile photo of Diamond2Diamond2
    @diamond2

Hi Everyone,
    Do you think we have everyone posted on this site yet that reads the forum?. Gosh there`s a few of us!! The majority of my working life was as a
    Paramedic, then as a housewife (had kids) ,now casual as first aid trainer.
    Cheers
    Diamond

Profile photo of InTheoryInTheory
    @intheory

im a fulltime uni student (commerce/economics, hopefully to be commerce/law next yr…), but im only there 2 days a week.

i work part-time at dads accountancy for 2-3 hours a week, cleaning toilets and sweeping floors, so i can keep petrol in my car (paid cash for it, didnt cost me much – its a bomb!)

most of my time is spent either with kylie [:I] , researching investments and learning as much as possible ready for when i can begin in earnest, or formulating my business plans (which need to kick off before the investments…)

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

What a great post Lawry,

I find it extremely interesting to read about what other like minded people do for a living.

I have only discovered this site recently and just finished Steve’s book yesterday. Needless to say i’m very fired up about getting out and finding my first IP.

I, like many of you don’t enjoy my job and the prospect of not having to do it at some time in the not too distant future is what is driving me at the moment.

I have been a production worker at Toyota for the last 7 years building cars, and physically it’s taking it’s toll “Oh what a feeling”? You can say that again.

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Hey Jay,

We are all here to encourage each other. Welcome to this forum. Surely, the feeling of having financial independence is greater than the feeling of owning a toyota. I have one and am trying to pay it off quickly.
    (A mistake in hindsight but it gave me no headaches)

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Lawry

I’m a management consultant working in the electricity industry ie we work for companies such as AGL, Origin, TXU…

Also studying the Chartered Financial Analyst Programme to hopefully one day get into investment banking.

Regards
    Chris

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

hey guys,
    im a full time student at tafe doing my certificate 4 in real estate. i am one day hoping to get into PI and so at the moment i am learning the ins and outs of the industry i am loving my course and cant wait to get out there and get into some hands on stuff. maybe you might see me handling one of your properties one day as a property manager. who knows?

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

powmow…

great stuff. we will always need RE agents with integrity. If you bring this into your career, you’ll win over many investors and buyers of course.

Happy studying.

Profile photo of PoohandcoPoohandco
    @poohandco

quote:

Hope this relevant, at least to me.

I think most of us are part time investors, so your job may bring in cashflow to help further investing.

I would like to know what you do for a living, that’s all.

I’m in IT.

Profile photo of BeckyGordonBeckyGordon
    Participant
    @beckygordon

Hi All,

I own a computer store in Croydon, Melb and Becky is a Sales Co-ordinator/PA.

Gordon

Invest in People for a Prosperous Future!

Profile photo of zanis1zanis1
    @zanis1

Hello All!
    My wife and I are Kiwi’s living in Melbourne. I’m in IT selling Java stuff – my wife is currently changing careers from IT recuritment (which is dead cos of seek.com.au) to property developer. We have one IP in South Melbourne but the rest (2 IPS) are in NZ. We will not buy anymore IP’s in Aus cos the prices are obscene and the tax (stamp duty for one) is a major slap in the face. We are buying in NZ from now on.

Best Regards

[email protected]

Profile photo of StrikerStriker
    Participant
    @jamescameron

I’m a finance manager in a leasing company.

Aiming for the 130 properties….but a long long way yet!

Striker
    Email Me

Profile photo of tbarretttbarrett
    @tbarrett

Im a TV Producer with a pashion for property!

Ive been investing in property for a few years, but because it was mainly on a negative gearing basis Ive been wondering until recently how I was ever supposed to stop working and reep the rewards!

Now im focussed – Cashflow positive property. Ive sold off almost all of the neg. ones!

Ive also been doing some more active property investing (small scale developing) as it’s the easiest way Ive found to extract $ from property in the Sydney market. Im current project is 6 townhouses on 2 blocks in the Dundas Valley.

Great to hear all your stories!
    I havent been a ‘net forum’ person but this one is terrific.

Regards,
    Tim Barrett

Profile photo of WendyWendy
    @wendy

Hi all,
    I’m a real estate agent (okay okay hold the fruit!!) working in Sydney. Have done a stint in property management but work in the sales side (which I love).

From my experience, the culture/focus within the industry and that of our clients has always been predominantly capital growth and future potential, which could explain why there is not more of us here. “Positively geared” and “passive income” are fairly new terms to most of us but certainly explain why so many “capital growth” investors never get out of the rat race.

Steve offers some highly valuable information and insights in his book From 0 to 130…and I strongly recommend his Buyer Beware ebook which provides great templates to use. These will help you source the info required that many agents don’t give you unless you ask such as copies of the condition report, evidence of bond lodgement, rent reports etc.

Here’s to financial freedom and being out of the rat race.
    Wendy.

Profile photo of SnoopySnoopy
    @snoopy

Hi everyone. New to this my first post. Have been reading since I got the book 3 weeks ago. My husband and I own an exhaust shop in Hobart 20 years now meet new ppl all the time so life’s not boring. I have been talking of investing for years but did’nt now everything has gone through the roof might have our first IP coming up in a few weeks. Our youngest son purchased his first IP in April I did his searching as he lives in Sydney at the moment with his brother. This is a great sight enjoying it very much. Diane[:)]

Profile photo of Dipsylala2Dipsylala2
    @dipsylala2

I’m a 37yo nurse who owns PPOR & indebted to bank with 5 IP’s. Although my properties have shown fantastic capital growth over the past 12 months, my cashflow is forcing me to work fulltime.
    Since reading Steve’s book, i’m hoping to restructure my future investments so I can concentrate on my real passion, real estate.
    Great forum for information.
    Tracy, Qld

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I own a Harley Tour Company in Adelaide, but due to public liability insurance sky rocketing and Govt Restrictions not only is not viable anymore but not sellable either. Any one wana buy a Harley Tour Company??????….LOL

Regards Bear

Profile photo of LenaLena
    @lena

Hello to all

This is my first post so thanks for all the information and confidence I have received from this forum in the year I have been reading it.
    Finally got the confidence to add to it.

I am a female Coal Miner in the Hunter Valley
    48 yearsold and have 2 ips and am just in the process of buying 3 Flats one I’ll live in.

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

Hi Aaron,
    I am assistant manager on the delphi Motorhomes Australia site. I have previously travelled around Oz for a couple of years on a working holiday in a 37 foot Denning, and hubby and I plan now to have enough passive income from our investment properties so that we can retire within 5-7 years to hit the road permanently. Currently on track even though we only have 4 properties at present.
    F.

quote:

fibejebe
    were you on the motorhome site recently
    aaron

Profile photo of motherhenmotherhen
    Participant
    @motherhen

how can i contact somebody off the forum? i want to ask tim barret some questions regarding building. tim, if you are reading this, can you please email me on [email protected].
    thaaaaaaaaanx. [:D]

quote:

Im a TV Producer with a pashion for property!

Ive been investing in property for a few years, but because it was mainly on a negative gearing basis Ive been wondering until recently how I was ever supposed to stop working and reep the rewards!

Now im focussed – Cashflow positive property. Ive sold off almost all of the neg. ones!

Ive also been doing some more active property investing (small scale developing) as it’s the easiest way Ive found to extract $ from property in the Sydney market. Im current project is 6 townhouses on 2 blocks in the Dundas Valley.

Great to hear all your stories!
    I havent been a ‘net forum’ person but this one is terrific.

Regards,
    Tim Barrett

http://www.emex.com.au

Profile photo of RonulasRonulas
    @ronulas

quote:

Hi Aaron,
    I am assistant manager on the delphi Motorhomes Australia site. I have previously travelled around Oz for a couple of years on a working holiday in a 37 foot Denning, and hubby and I plan now to have enough passive income from our investment properties so that we can retire within 5-7 years to hit the road permanently. Currently on track even though we only have 4 properties at present.
    F.

quote:

fibejebe
    were you on the motorhome site recently
    aaron

Hi fibejebe,
    It is a small world afterall. I used to read your posts on Motorhomes Australia all the time till I sold my motorhome. welcome!!!

You will always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘What’s your profession?’ is closed to new replies.