All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Vacancy Rates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of showusshowus
    @showus

Hey People,

This may sound stupid to some, probably all.

Where can I find info such as the vacancy rates and average rental prices of a specific area

Thanks

Profile photo of dennisdennis
    @dennis

vacancy rates are only indicative of an area. The vacant properties are usually the ones that are overpriced or of the lower quality. Stay outside of these parameters and you should not have a vacancy problem.[^]

Profile photo of showusshowus
    @showus

Thanks for the prompt response and the useful information.

But my question may have been a little unclear. What I would like to know is while I am in the search for a first IP. How would I be able to obtain information in realtion to the Vacancy Rates and Average Rent of properties in a certain area.

I hope this is easier to understand.

Thanks

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Hi Showus,

head on down to your news agent and grab a copy of Australian Property Investor or log on to http://www.apimagazine.com.au and grab a subscription. Lists all kind of interesting info – reno stories and this months special is about wrap mortgages. HG

Profile photo of showusshowus
    @showus
    Profile photo of DanTheManDanTheMan
    @dantheman

Showus,

The easiest, well proberbly not, but the most accurate way of checking out average rent for an area, is by going to all the real estate agents in area and picking up thier weekyl listing. The real estate agents are usually pretty close to each other, so it is not too much effort, and gives you a good accurate figure.[:)]

Dan.

If you want an extraordinary life you have to be prepared to do things that ordinary people aren’t prepared to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vacancy Rates’ is closed to new replies.