All Topics / The Treasure Chest / conveyancing report necessary?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of carmen_cccarmen_cc
    Participant
    @carmen_cc

Dear All,

I’ve found a + cashflow property. It is a free-standing house with good return, long term telant.
    Should I still organise a property conveyancing report or sign the contract straight away?
    Can anyong give me advice?

Carmen

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Hi Carmen, I’ve never heard of a ‘conveyancing report’ so cannot advise you on it, I think you may mean building inspection report, or simply conveyancing.

If you mean a building inspection then you should make it a condition of the contract that the purchase is subject to a suitable building insp report, then arrange one (can be done after you sign the contract).

If you mean conveyancing, then a solicitor will do this for you once the contract has been signed (as part of the settlement process). Conveyancing is where the solicitor checks that the property you are buying is actually owned by the person selling it and there are no ‘hidden’ debts or caveats on the property.

Feel free to ask any other questions before you sign a contract, and you may like to take it to a solicitor to help explain it to you before you sign it.

Tas [:D]

Profile photo of carmen_cccarmen_cc
    Participant
    @carmen_cc

Thank you, Tas.
    You are right. It is building inspection before I sign the contract.
    The purpose is to find out the construction problem, termite problem etc.

Carmen

Profile photo of mcdeyessmcdeyess
    @mcdeyess

Hello,
    On a slightly seperate but related topic. You can take a Contract of sale to most Conveyancing solicitors and they will review it for you at no cost (with no obligation to do conveyancing through them). You can do this before you sign it if you feel that you have time and are not confident with these legal documents.

McDeyess

Profile photo of carmen_cccarmen_cc
    Participant
    @carmen_cc

Thank you, McDeyess.
    I’ve sort of got some idea about this.

Carmen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘conveyancing report necessary?’ is closed to new replies.