Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Can I ask for duplicates of all papers regarding my affairs with my accountant firm without any greif.
    Basically would the firm be cautious in any way, * From an accountants point of veiw would you be questioning yourself why ?

[?]
    Michael

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

It’s your info so they should be amicable but beware that sometimes they run spreadsheets which while technically good (and perhaps proprietory), don’t ‘present’ so well, so maybe summaries rather than ‘everything’ would be the go.

[:)]
    Mel

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Summaries, great idea !

AGAIN ![:O]

[;)]
    Michael

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

Michael, you’re basically entitled to the final product, so to speak, from your accountant. So it’s ok to ask for or copy if you have not received one already. However, workpapers belong to your accountant & are not normally given out. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Hi Mike

Under the Privacy Act you are entitled to a copy of all your personal information. I think they have to give this to you within 30 days. (National Privacy Principal 6)

Cheers

Stu

Property & Finance News
    at http://www.prosolution.com.au

Profile photo of kelly1100kelly1100
    @kelly1100

Michael as an accountant, I normally provide my clients with a copy of tax returns on request. If a client is leaving a practice (I’ve just started my practice and have a few clients from the old practice I worked with coming to me now), I normally request the following:

1. Copies of 2002 (prior year) tax returns for all entities ie. family trusts, unit trusts, companies, partnerships and individuals.

2. Copies of all BAS and IAS
    3. Copies of all trust deeds, ie super fund, discretionary, unit hybrid and partnership agreements.
    4. Copies of any/all correspondence to/from the ATO.
    5. Copies of depreciation schedules.

Most accountants won’t give you anything that they have prepared themselves, ie. work papers, bank reconciliations, reconciliations of BAS to financials and that sort of thing.

Hope this helps[:)][:)]

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Su & Kelly terrific input Thank you [:D]

“knowledge Is power”

[^]
    Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trust Fund ?’ is closed to new replies.