All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Time allowed for selling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi all,

I put in an ad 3 weeks ago & have had multiple offers for my property. I accepted 1 offer at a time & asked others to wait. It’s a bit messy. It’s over a week now with the offer I accepted last, the buyer told me he’s got a verbal approval from the bank and can’t do much until a valuation of the property done, approx. another week. I worry that if it takes too long other buyers will buy somewhere else. How long should I wait for him? He told me after the contract exchanged, the settlement will be at least 1 month. Is that reasonable and what should I do? What are the procedures in selling?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Huey.

Profile photo of ShaneBShaneB
    @shaneb

Always get somebody who looks like they know what theyre doing to help you!!

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Michael & Shane,

My solicitor is drawing up a contract for me today and will send a copy to the buyer’s solicitor.

I should ask an agent to handle the sell for me from the beginning but because I couldn’t decide whether to sell it or not & currently having bad experience with a property managing agent.

Many thanks

Huey

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi All,

As I understand “Instruction for sale” is prepared by the seller or the seller’s agent and “Contract” or agreement for sale” is prepared by the seller’s solicitor? Do I understand correctly?

Cheers

Huey

PS: Hi Michael, I did send you an email asking for more details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Time allowed for selling’ is closed to new replies.