All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Today’s Tip

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

How many of you read the ‘Today’s tip’ section on the left hand side of the page? Do you click for more?
    Today’s Tip on Integrity is a great one. I enjoyed it. I’d like to think most people value integrity, unfortunately I know it doesn’t always pan out like that.
    Anyone got any other tips?
    I heard something yesterday (or was it Saturday night?) when returning a video back to the video shop.
    About BANKS:
    ‘They lend you an umbrella when it’s sunny and take it back when its raining’.
    What do you think?

Till next time
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Sooshie,

Only read after your post[:P]

“To teach is to learn twice.”

I think this is aim for all the helpful people on this forum. Thanks to all

Cheers

Amit

Profile photo of ShaneBShaneB
    @shaneb

My tip is :
    If you like to wear your cap backwards, then start wearing your clothes backwards, as this will be the new trend (as property gurus would know, it’s better to get in b4 trends hit!)

Profile photo of comdomcomdom
    Participant
    @comdom

Speaking of integrity i was speaking to the next door neighbor and she told me she had a rodent problem in her roof she called a pest inspector and he put a couple of bait traps in the roof (5 min Max) can anyone guess what she was charged? QLD [?]

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Ethically $20 for travel time.

Realistically $120 for ‘magical solution’.

Washing machine repair people aren’t my favourites either just quietly …!

[8)]
    Mel

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Principles become modified in practice by facts.

The fact of the matter is is tennants are attracted to low(er) rental properties.

[:P]
    Michael

Profile photo of brianhcbrianhc
    Participant
    @brianhc

The Pest Inspector may only have spent 5 minutes in the roof but while he was with your neighbour he couldn’t be elsewhere earning money – so given there is probably a minimum callout charge it was probably $120-$130 + cost of bait traps?

Analogy – Power Station stopped working, nobody could find problem. Expert called in – he looked around then put black cross with texter on a dial. He said replace that dial and its associated valve. When they did, Power Station came back online.

He presented Station Manager with a bill for $20,000. The manager was taken aback – “All you did was place a cross on a dial?” “Let me itemise the bill.” said the expert.

He gave the bill back to the manager, on it he had written – To travel time $99. To placing cross on dial $1. To knowing where to place cross $19,900. The manager paid!

Cheers[:P]

Participant
    @comdom
    Profile photo of HaroldHarold
    @harold

Did they employ my mother’s pest control business. Sounds like it, it is amoung the biggest in brisbane

Participant
    @comdom

I can go to sleep tonight with a clear conscience.[;)]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Thanks for your responses. Anyone need a black cross put on their dial??? [:D]

The tip for today is on Price etc … I’ve noticed a few posts on renters..or lack thereof, so I was wondering how many people who put in these posts have actually read the tip and followed through and clicked to read more and do they give some answers to the question originally placed in the post?

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I usually have a look at your tip Sooshie, but I’ve never noticed the <more> link ’til you mentioned it. Funny how your eyes work.
    J

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Today’s Tip’ is closed to new replies.