Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of dennisdennis
    @dennis

I would like to buy a site and build single storey townhouses in Orange, Wagga or Tamworth. I know these areas and I like them.
    Does anyone have any idea of the per unit site price in these areas. I know I have to do my own research but indications may help me narrow down the search.
    Regards, Dennis

Profile photo of beancounterbeancounter
    Participant
    @beancounter

Hi Dennis

If Wagga is anything like Albury, there is minimal vacant land close to the CBD. As a guide a 800 sq metre block with an older type house in Albury will set you back anywhere bw 180K & 250K

You wont get your positive cash flow when you build your townhouse.

Hope my comments assist.

Cheers

Beancounter

Profile photo of junior2junior2
    @junior2

Cant help you on this one sorry dennis but i am interested in the sanme idea. I have no idea how to go about starting an investment property from scratch (eg buiding flats ,units, town houses) what kind of initial outlay is required? ALso what is the average price of x commission homes in orange and wagga and how bad a rep do the commission areas have?

Thanks

J

Profile photo of TeyluTeylu
    @teylu

Guys and Gals,

Look around Armidale.

I have seen blocks of flats up for sale.

New Engalnd Campus is there and always growing. Plenty of Students to Accomodate.

Cheers
    Teylu

(Central Coast, NSW)

“What have you done to make your life better?”
    (American History X)

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

Hi Dennis
    If you are looking at wagga don’t uderestimate the defence force there actually the defence force housing web site may be of use they seem to have houses you buy then they lease back from you for a long period they may have some land for you??
    aaron

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hey guys,
    I have been sort of monitoring Wagga for about 6 months (since I have a block there) and it seems that a 2 br unit can range from about 70k for a really older crappy one to over 300k for a nice new one. You can easily get indications from websites such as realestate.com.au Apparently according to the real estate agents out there, the prices didn’t move for like 10 years.. until like the end of last year when (my ones at least) doubled.. some are skeptical that it will rise anymore.. more likely plateau.

That isn’t really much info, however I hope it helps.[:)]

Cheers,
    Angie

#####################
    Tomorrow, you might wish you started today.
    #####################

@junior2

Aaronn,

Great idea! whats the website for the defence housing? would that be under the army website, or would you have to call somewhere to get a hold of the responsible authority?

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

quote:

Aaronn,

Great idea! whats the website for the defence housing? would that be under the army website, or would you have to call somewhere to get a hold of the responsible authority?

Try http://www.dha.gov.au a warning check the local prices I’m not saying they would put there prices up

@junior2

Thanks Aaron!

the site is actually http://www.invest.dha.gov.au

thanks again

j

Profile photo of ShaneBShaneB
    @shaneb

I think the best answer to get in the carand drive and check places out (in my experience).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Regional NSW’ is closed to new replies.