All Topics / The Treasure Chest / cairns suburbs

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

Hi everyone,

I am currently researching the Cairns area to purchase an IP. Wondering if anyone out there can help me with a little local knowlege on: *suburbs to stay away from crime etc and *how far is too far out for example Edmonton.

Thanks

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

Edmonton is going well but and is in the growth corridor south of the CBD. Caution is that there is quite a bit of land still available in Edmonton so you will always be competing with new houses.

As a general rule be wary of the suburbs to the immediate west of the CBD in the low lying areas which are subject to flood. Thos suburbs are Mooroobool, Mununda and Moonoora (known as the 3 m’s).

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

thanks Kirby. I have spoken to a couple of local agents and they advised me to buy in and around Mandunda because that is where the locals want to rent. Maybe I should stick to the beach areas?

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

Parts of Manunda are fine but you need some local knowledge. Beware the low lying areas!

With the beach areas, Palm Cove , Clifton Beach, Trinity Beach and some parts of Kewarra Beach are good. Many of the other beaches have a big sand fly problem because they are near swamp lands.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘cairns suburbs’ is closed to new replies.