All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Should you get a valuation before offer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of madeinozmadeinoz
    @madeinoz

Just a quickie,

Should you get a valuation before putting in an offer ?

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Madeinoz,

I don’t think so. Wouldn’t it make more sense to make your offer “Subject to a Valuation of the Property”, and “Subject to Finance”.

Otherwise you would risk losing the ppty to someone else. There is a lot of competition out there.[:)]

Good luck,
    Del

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Agree with Wilandel, plus add ‘Subject to building & pest inspection’ as that often gives you leverage to lower the price based on faults found at a time when the vendor is already spending the money in their head and normally eager not to relist on the market.

If it was an auction though, I’d try to get a pre-lim inspection and know top value beforehand because if your bid is accepted, you are unconditional in most states I believe?!

[:)]
    Mel

Profile photo of madeinozmadeinoz
    @madeinoz

Thanks for that.

Is it normal to ask for a valuation? I know the banks usually do it as part of the finance process.

Stephen…

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi All
    To get the property valued first? Doesnt this depend on your strategy for buying property. We always get ours valued first as we are going to buy a property that needs renos.We talk to the valuer about our renovation and ask them for an on comp valuation subtract our costs and profit to come up with the price we would be willing to pay.So as you can see it all depends on what you are looking for in property.
    Erika

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Should you get a valuation before offer?’ is closed to new replies.