All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Central Coast, Newcastle (NSW)

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

I was contractor to the Dept Housing for many yrs and know these bad burbs back to front. Even private housing next to these areas on the Central Coast are now above $250K. I am not aware of the Dept Housing offering there run down properties out to public sale on the coast. An entry point below $250K is virtually impossible.

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

SuperTed,

Thanks for the comments.

I had a look at San Remo and it’s a decent sized house. There are offers around $265K for it and yet the vendor rejects it. Good luck to the vendor.

There are run down properties that are around the price range I am looking for and of course, the bargaining…

If it’s there, great. If it’s not, I don’t worry about it.

So SuperTed, what do u do for a living now?

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

I trade ASX Derivatives and do some part-time IT consulting.

@lawry73

SuperTed,

Cool. I am learning to invest and trade shares. Got myself the Shares magazine to get a feel of the market.

Recently, I attended the Safety in the Market seminar and they are selling a course plus software to educate investors and traders.

Do you think it’s worth the money to do that or just read books on my own?

@superted

Well I would do the asx courses they are cheap or free. Also get yourself a broker, broking firms often do free courses as well (to get you to trade more ;-). There are good writers of books out there who actually trade as well.

Beware of the big dollar seminars and black box systems. And remember just about everyone has no idea how the market behaves.

email me at [email protected] if you have other questions as we are of topic already.

Profile photo of RedliliaRedlilia
    @redlilia

Hi Michael,

How about the suburbs close to Wyoming, eg. Narara, Springfield, Kriong? Are they good?
    We went to CC last weekend. The price is not
    cheap though. For 3bds, more than 300k and
    very strong demand. Some cheapers ones sold
    very quickly.

@superted

If you make the effort to travel up here stop at a local newsagent. They will have copies of the local paper (“the express’) this will give a good indication of the rents acheived. At the moment even my street which used to never have vacant properties for rent now has around 5 empties waiting for lease. It is definately a renters market up here.

Kariong has an advantage of being a newer suburb (many post 1985) so depreciation may help better then wyoming and narara. Springfeild has a new pocket but is “expensive” compared to the older part (also lots of HC).

My reference to the housing commision properties was that these would be the cheapest properties (low quality) to buy if they were for sale as they would be for sale under 250K when compared to whats available above this figure.

I have never seen one HC property sold up here.

@lawry73

Thanks SuperTed.

‘Express’ will enquire on that. Perhaps, I can subscribe it.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Central Coast, Newcastle (NSW)’ is closed to new replies.