All Topics / The Treasure Chest / brisbane suburbs……

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has purchased property in the Beenleigh area in the last couple of weeks. I was researching the area 6 months ago but saw there was a high crime rate on the internet and went back to concentrating on the area I know best(central coast). I am now wanting to get a cheaper property with fairly good returns. I am thinking of heading up there in the next couple of weeks. Any comments on recent purchase prices in this area or nearby areas would be appreciated as the good properties don’t make it to the internet.

Profile photo of daretotrydaretotry
    @daretotry

Hi Motivated,

We live on the Central Coast and also have one IV here. Prices have really jumped in our area and surrounding areas further North also. Our area has jumped about 23% in the last 12 months. You would be very lucky to find a decent investment property in the lower price range. Prices up near Gorokan used to be cheap and lots of tenants up that way but even that has taken a hike. But you never know your luck ….you just might be amongst the lucky ones to find that elusive bargain. Good Luck!

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

Sorry, I probably didn’t word myself correctly. I too live on the central coast and can not afford another property here at the moment. I am heading to the “beenleigh” area, north of Gold Coast south of Brisbane and am interested in recent purchases.

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Daretotry,

I am coming up to Central Coast and have narrowed myself some possible targets around the $200K mark. I aim to renovate and rent it out.

What do you think?
    Is it still worth looking at Central Coast or Newcastle? How’s the rent like in Central Coast or Berkeley Vale? I am looking at San Remo or Lake Mumnorah?

You can email me at [email protected]

Hope to hear your comments soon.

Profile photo of EskapeEskape
    @eskape

Hi Motivated,

My wife and I lived in Loganlea for seven years until last year. I know a bit about the area including Beenleigh/Tanah Merah/Eagleby. Perhaps you could have a chat with the Principal of PRD Realty-Geoff Kerkow. I had some dealings with him whilst in real estate myself. He’s a genuine guy and should be able to assist you. It can be a rough area but it certainly has all the infrastructure for an IP. I know the prices have sky-rocketed ther over the last 12 months. Tanah-Merah’s probably the pick or just slightly north in Waterford. A call to Ray Swann at Swann RE would be helpful also. Last timeI spoke to him, his rent roll stood at 700+

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Robert

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Profile photo of FizmanFizman
    @fizman

Hi Motivated,
    I live in Springwood which is about 10 minutes north of the Beenleigh area you are looking at. if you are looking to +ve gear in the area, I personally wouldn’t waste my time, I don’t believ the numbers add up.

There are a couple of nice suburbs though, Windaroo and Mt Warren Park are a couple of nice estates that have gold courses in them, but again the numbers might not match up.

Again, if you are looking to implement Steves advice, I would not be looking into the Beenleigh area. Hope this helps a little!!

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

thanks, appreciate your comments guys!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘brisbane suburbs……’ is closed to new replies.