All Topics / Opinionated! / Brad Sugars – Guru or full of BS?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Profile photo of jackadderjackadder
    @jackadder

I have been to 2 ($45) seminars, bought “real money real estate” and had an Action International business coach for a business in big trouble. We left it too late for the coach, but he did help us turn it around so that we could sell it.

You will find much of Brad’s stuff is similar to Steve’s. He is very much into no (or little) money down deals that don’t suck up your money. He isn’t totally against -ve gearing, but you need to get the money from +ve property. He has done some truly amazing deals. He uses business deals to fund the property after you chuck your job. He DOES sometimes sell, but to put the money into better deals.

As for the 10k, it all comes down to what it’s worth. If you want to buy less than 10 properties and sit on them, you don’t need the course. If you go to the course and don’t make the 10k in the first 6 months, you weren’t listening. Have a look at some of the testimonials.

Look at it this way. He’s VERY successful. When Steve has 5 sports cars, a $3M boat and tens of millions of franchises throughout the world, I’ll be convinced that he has all I need to know. If Brad’s course was 1k, I’d say “he can’t be making the kind of money he says or he wouldn’t waste his time”. This happened with NII – I knew these guys were making money solely from the $16k fee.

You can have most of Brad’s ideas by reading his books. The multi-day course is to get you moving & chnage your life. Some peolple pay that to go to a resort and sit by the pool for a week. (Brad includes the resort). If people are willing to pay NII $16k for a DVD and a meeting once a month, Brad would be stupid not to tap into that market. He gets into every area where there’s money to be made.

I didn’t go to the course because I’m not really interested in chucking my job and becoming a billionaire.

BTW the $3M boat was no money down and other people paid for it!!

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

billabong,
    if you’d be interested in lending, renting, or selling the books and tapes I’d be most interested to check ’em out.
    cheers-
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

Profile photo of MaxHartMaxHart
    @maxhart

Jackadder: Which Steve are you referring to? Thks.

Profile photo of babsbabs
    Participant
    @babs

I don’t care how much this bloke knows, 10k is ridiculous. My husband and I thought about this last night. People who hold these seminars did they make it big when the boom started, if yes, how does the boom three years ago, relate to situations now and tomorrow. We just wonder how people can spend so much money and listen to people talk about there luck. Basically they were there or started at the rightplace at the right time.

Does anyone else think this or am I just too suspicious!!!

Profile photo of jackadderjackadder
    @jackadder

This is very interesting… I assume that most people on the forum are fans of, or at least interested in, Steve McKnight. Doesn’t this “did OK in the last 3 years but what about later” comment apply precisely to him and his ideas??? Personally, I worry about what will happen when interest rates rise and many of those properties go -ve.

Brad Sugars isn’t charging 10k to talk about real estate. The 2003 conference brochure lists 43 points of which only 1 targets real estate. It goes for a whole (5 day) week. Is this comparable with fees for other 5-day conferences held at a resort??

I’d like to hear from anyone who has attended, other than the tesimonials he distributes. These people talk not only about the money they made, but how it competely changed their lives.

In case anyone asks: I am not related to, or in business with Brad, but I’d like to be!!

Profile photo of planetcreationplanetcreation
    @planetcreation

Hi All,
    From what I’ve read on this forum, there seems to be some interest in Brad Sugars and a certain amount of curiousity surrounding his $10K course. Having attended it personally with my life-partner in June 2003, I thought I’d contribute my personal experiences and hopefully put some of those uncertainties to rest.

Firstly, I am 25 year old and have only been in the investing game for 3 years (my partner is new to the game). In that time, I have pretty much been to every “free” investment seminar there was available regarding shares and property. However, after attending Brad Sugars’ 3 hour presentation, I knew that his approach to investing was the right one for me. You see Brad’s approach isn’t just about making money but is about creating a life which is enriching; physically, mentally, spritually and financially. Coming across this information for myself was like discovering the Holy Grail, the answers to all my questions. You see, for the past 3 years, I was searching for the right investment strategy that was going to make me my millions so that I will never have to work again but at the same time, I wanted that information for free hence attending every “free” seminar. Please understand that with investing, there is no right or wrong way to make money but only the one that is right for you. I found that Brad’s approach was the right one for me.

Brad covered many great concepts in his 3 hour seminar but the one that stood out for me and will never forget is that “Time” is our most valuable asset. Knowledge can be retained, money comes and goes, however knowledge or money can never get us more time. To achieve this, Brad uses business as a channel to produce passive income. Unlike property which may require many properties to produce a suitable amount of passive income (not that there is anything wrong with this strategy) and with the know-how, you can do this with just one business. Now that you have your time back, you are free to utilise your time to search for more businesses, properties and even dabble in the share market.

And that is basically what is covered on the 5 day financial “boot camp”: business, property and the share market. The other benefits from attending the course are the things that cannot be learnt from a text book. Volleyball taught me teamwork, tai-chi at 6am taught me discipline, meditation and a new understanding about how I interact with the world, chiropractic care, massages and a vegan diet were provided during the course to keep my body in optimal condition to endure the 20 hour days. The networking value was priceless as I met like minded investors who not only wanted to play the same game in life, but also became friends. I was fortunate to have a 27 year old NZ guy on my volleyball team who happened to already be a millionaire. So in my opinion, $10K was definitely very little in comparison to what I got out of it.

So what has evolved in the 3 months since having attended Entrepreneurs training I hear you ask. Well following Brad’s rules, my partner and I are currently negotiating a no-money down deal on a business producing a nett income of AUD150K. This will definitely replace my $40K job nearly 4 times over.

(to be continued below….)

Profile photo of planetcreationplanetcreation
    @planetcreation

(continued from previous post …)

May, June & July 2003 was the last ever Entrepreneurs course held as Brad has decided to play a different game in his life. This was one of the reasons why I decided to take the leap of faith and do the course. I can say that I definitely have no regrets. Brad is definitely a great presenter and mentor and will definitely be missed. For those interested in Brad’s investment approach, more info can be found at “www.bradsugars.com”.

If there is some of advice I can leave with you, it would be this:
    * Be sceptical however keep an on open mind.
    * Learn as much as you can.
    * Don’t be afraid to invest in your knowledge as it will assist you in getting to your destination sooner.

On the subject of learning, I personally have sourced much of what I have learnt through reading. This site is defintely one of the best Australian sites covering property investing and I don’t doubt that these strategies can be applied abroad (Steve and Don … Keep up the great work!)

What I have shared is my personal experiences and this information should not be considered as investment advice. I am in no way associated with Brad Sugars or PropertyInvesting.com and make this message post as a testimonial in response to the posts within this forum. All investment advice, strategies and personel should be approached with care and due diligence.

I wish everyone the best of luck on your journey to success.

Mike

PS: I would like to give a plug to a great book which was compulsory reading prior to attending Brad’s course and in which I found purpose for my investment journey as an ‘enlightened’ millionaire. The title of the book is “The One Minute Millionaire” by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert G. Allen.

Profile photo of Rebecca1Rebecca1
    @rebecca1

Gee Brad, you write pretty well about yourself. Much better than what you write in them books.

The Lord gives us clues. For instance, the intitials of our names.

See ya in the paper when they next do a piece on the franchise revolt at Fraction International.

Bec

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Fullout, you said : “The people who attended it said its worth more than 10k cos the got so much out of it.”

There is no doubt that Brad Sugars is clear and co-herent in conveying his ideas.

I agree with Ben however when he says “Even if this guy is genuine I can’t believe that you wouldn’t get more value from reference books and the experience from people on this forum. Keep your 10K and put it towards an Ip when you feel you’ve got the experience.”

Then again, many people are their own worst enemy and
    happily fork out big sums of money to have someone hold their hand.

I believe that it is a thankless task trying to protect people from themselves.

If they don’t have the common sense to educate themselves about a particular subject by first reading some readily available and cheaply priced books then by all means let them go and murder their money on expensive seminars.

Pisces

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Tut,tut,tut, Rebecca.

Criticising someone is one thing. But to condemn someone based on their initials is rather unfair and irrational.

I would think that you are a lot more dangerous person than Brad Sugars ever will be.

By your own admission you went around with a tape measure during your single days and anything that looked frightening you cut. [}:)]
    (Guru Watch – Heritage Financial Group)

As you state that you are happy with your husband he obviously must have passed the inspection test. [:o)]

This is a free world Rebecca and the Brad Sugars of the world can charge anything they like as long as they don’t tell lies in their hype.

It is up to us to pay and attend or not to do so.

Believe me, I would be the first in line to condemn people if they gild the lily and suck people in with lies. Sofar no-one has said so about Brad.

I don’t condemn Brad for charging $ 10 K to attend his roadshow. I am saying ‘read some cheap books first’.

I am also not even condemning Brad about (what appears to be) his clone writing a post in his defense. After all, Chan has set a precedent and cloning is allowed on this site whether we like it or not. [:o)]

Pisces

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

For those interested in the philosophical approach of Sugars, he is the guy who is into “death, drought, divorce, desperation” as part of his philosophy on how to buy undervalued properties. A quick google search provides the following links:

http://www.infarmation.com.au/news/03/06/article8898.asp

http://www.listener.co.nz/default,1021,1020,1.sm

http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsAlerts1.php?id=37

I have no doubt Sugars can make people profit. It just depends on how low you want to sink, really.

kay henry

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Here we go again.

Pisces

@rebecca1

As long as he keeps going, then every decent person should keep going in an effort to stop him.

Anyone who teaches the predatory tactics that he teaches (and uses) is a menace to society.

He is giving Oz a bad name in the UK. Watch this space because there are plenty outside Oz who have lots of reason to keep going toward the goal of stopping this BS man.

Bec

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well I don’t know about paying 10k myself that’s alot of cash for me, but I will say, That I know John Fowler personally, and he has done very very well for himself (im jealous……LOL). But if John says it was what helped him get motivated then I would have to say its well worth the money if u have it to spare.

Regards Bear

Participant
    @minimogul

Pisces, I hear ya.

Re 10K for a seminar, I really really wanted to go to a dolf de roos seminar and it was thousands and you had to go to the Gold Coast (yuck.) So i didn’t, and instead bought the CDs of the seminar for $500. it was good, but I guess I could tell from the seminar how much fun it would have been to go. That’s when I started looking for a local seminar that wasn’t so much and was able to go to Steve’s for 1/5 of the price of Dolf’s. And it was extremely memorable, more so than a book. Something about ‘experiential’ learning or whatever you call it. but it worked, like books, tapes, didn’t quite. Got me over the fear hump and within a year of the seminar i had my first three properties.

BS for 10K, i think the fact that it is 10K weeds out quite a few people. So i think you’d find, people that ‘could find’ the 10k required to go are probably exactly the kind of people that would make an extremely dynamic group.

A lot of seminars have a money back guarantee, anyway, like if you don’t like it you can get a refund by the end of the first day.

I don’t think BS is writing his own testimonials.

but i also don’t think it’ll be Brad’s ‘last seminar’ somehow – – a bit like John Farnham every time he trots around the country announcing it’s his ‘last tour’.

Mini

@rebecca1

Trust me, this BS fellow is on his last legs. The outcry with his franchisees is gathering momentum.

Bec

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Agree with Mini

The $10K weeds out a few people( and probally the ones that have $10k to ‘spend’ obviously have more at home ! )

Not this little Black Duck, it’d have to be the book for me, after a $10K course, i’d the be reading John Burley’s ” how to get out of debt in 3-7 Years”

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

My question is if the guy is so solid why is he attached to those boof heads at Rich Mastery??

Participant
    @minimogul

What’s so boofheady about Richmastery guys?

*scratches boofhead*

Profile photo of kiwipaulkiwipaul
    @kiwipaul

Bec’s,

Having just joined the forum I’m very curious as to your experiences with Brad. Are you a franchisee? Have you ever attended a seminar or met Brad?

It seems you have a lot of negative things to say and I interested to know why?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.