All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Landlord vs Tenant

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of PeterPeter
    Participant
    @mushindo

There is a gap between your spirit and real Actual life? Do you want to make money? or do you want to help others ? Both positions have questions! My position may seem both arid and harsh or it may seem sober ? I’LL leave it at that.

Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Hi All,

Damn. The vendor just rang me last night telling me he wants to settle now on Sept 1st.

After stuffing me around for a whole 2 months now he wants to settle and move out before settlement. Which gives me only 2 weeks to FIND a tenant.

Just wondering is there anyhting i should watch out for..Like he might spray paint the wall or somehting just to screw me over.

Please advice

Vluu

Profile photo of caz_in_perthcaz_in_perth
    Participant
    @caz_in_perth

So while you were trying to be nice and get opinions on the course of action that was best he strung you along and looked for somewhere to rent asap?

We had a clause in our latest contract to rent back to the vendors which was worded in such a way that only gave them “entitlement” to rent back for 3 months (we should, in hindsight, have worded it differently or had a lease drawn up and included in the contract) now they’ve decided that they would buy another property and want to give us vacant possession. A real PITA because we actually don’t want to move in to the property for 3 months and don’t much fancy finding short term tenants.

I reckon you sound well rid of this bloke. Also sounds like you should get a property agent to handle the leasing for you.

Profile photo of vluu27vluu27
    @vluu27

Caz,

Yeah u are 100% correct. Got done by the vendor. Damn..Man what a learning experience that was.

Thanks for ur comments.

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi vluu27
    How is it that he is deciding to bring forward the settlement date. I would have thought that you would have had a say in that.Instead of blaming the vendor for being stuffed around look at this on the positve side, learn from this experience so that next time you know what to do.
    Erika

Profile photo of caz_in_perthcaz_in_perth
    Participant
    @caz_in_perth

Hope it all works out for you vluu27!

Michael, excellent advice! We hadn’t given it a lot of thought, just the convenience of not moving before the end of the school year but yes, in future any vendor rent back we do will be put in a lease at the time of drawing up the contract.

Well now we are looking forward to moving in and getting stuck into the decorating before the hot weather hits so it worked out ok [8D] Just have to drive an extra hour per day taking daughter to school until end of year [:(]

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Landlord vs Tenant’ is closed to new replies.