All Topics / The Treasure Chest / First contact— Email-Fax-Phone?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of RonulasRonulas
    @ronulas

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know what the most successful way of first contact is for most people.

I don’t like the phone much for some reason so I tend to email agents ect for the first contact but I have noticed that alot of the time my emails are not answered or answered over a week later.In todays fast property game a week is way to long.

What does everybody else do?

You will always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

I have found through experience that emails are useless as most agents are far to rude to bother replying.

Unfortunately, phoning them up is the only way, or if you’re in the area you can drop in and se them.

I’ll bet you a thousand bucks that when the boom goes off those lazy buggers will reply to your emails in 10 seconds flat!

Profile photo of deckartjazzdeckartjazz
    Participant
    @deckartjazz

Yes call them. It’ll save you countless emails and time wasted waiting for email responses. You can also guage the agents mannerisms far better over the phone than through email.

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

My vote is also for the phone.

Recently I asked one sales rep on the phone if they could email me something.

The remark was ‘I don’t know how to send an email, I’ll have to get one of the office staff to do it!’.

I’ve found that many people in sales might be very good at talking and persuading but often lack (i) the ability to write and (ii) intellectual rigour. Thus it is necessary to work around this and do our own research.

Peter

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

i was yalking to the owner of a first national real estate agency on the weekend from a country town. when he arrived at my house i was looking for properties on the net. His comment was its apain with all the emails they get. about 400 a week on perhaps one sale out of it, he neede a purson just to handle the emails full time. Real estate agents are very busy at the moment and don’t have the time to reply given that there is so many emails. they figure if people are genuinly interested they will phone.
    So i agree always phone the building of relationship may pay dividends down the track
    westan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First contact— Email-Fax-Phone?’ is closed to new replies.