All Topics / Hotch Potch / Suggestion re: Category

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Hi guys,

I’d like to suggest that we have more categories dealing with Negative Gearing, Positive Cashflow, Renovation & Repairs, etc.

At present, anyone who posts a new topic will effectively come up first and those that were posted later would diminish eventually. It’s quite hard to find unless you keep posting to the same topic to keep it current.

Can Webmaster configure this forum so that it is easier to find topics, rather than search blindly???

Thanks.

Profile photo of Rich1Rich1
    @rich1

Good idea!

The general discussion forum is pretty long and covers a huge range of topics.

By putting a number of sub categories under the general discussion forum you would assist those scanning through the posts in filtering to their particlar interest/needs

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Im only still new to this site, but wouldnt that make it more work to go into each category and see whats been posted ?

The way it is now, most of the posts are under General and I refresh “while im at work…shh” every hour or so to look for new posts.

Just a thought.
    Arty.
    [^]

Profile photo of BernadetBernadet
    Participant
    @bernadet

quote:

Im only still new to this site, but wouldnt that make it more work to go into each category and see whats been posted ?

The way it is now, most of the posts are under General and I refresh “while im at work…shh” every hour or so to look for new posts.

Just a thought.
    Arty.
    [^]

Profile photo of BernadetBernadet
    Participant
    @bernadet

Hi guys [:D]
    I agree with lawry and Rich, I think that’s a great idea. Bernadet

Profile photo of Lawry73Lawry73
    @lawry73

Arty,

If there is no category, it is really hard to find the topic last visited, say in 2 weeks time.

The forum works this way: New post and new replies will send them to the top of the list and the rest will just follow.

The topic you are interested in reading may not be there anymore and u have to go through page by page to find it.

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Lawry73 I see want you mean now…
    I missed a day coming here, and the post I left was pushed off the list….

So I had to go looking for it.
    So categories seem the way to go.

[:D]
    Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion re: Category’ is closed to new replies.