All Topics / The Treasure Chest / How to calculate positive geared commercial prop ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Andrew_PAndrew_P
    Participant
    @andrew_p

There is a formula for checking positive geared residential property.

Does this formula also apply to commercial properties ?

Since commercial tenent pays some of bills that usually are payed by landlord in residential properties would that change the formula somehow ?

Profile photo of ksheatherksheather
    @ksheather

Yea the forumla is simple, if you have less expenses than income, anything will generate a profit. VERY VERY SIMPLE STUFF!

Work out what expenses you will incur, work out what income you will generate, and then simply subtract one from the other, its not magic just commonsense :)..

Profile photo of Andrew_PAndrew_P
    Participant
    @andrew_p

I guess you didn’t read Steve’s book and don’t know what I ‘m talking about.

Profile photo of minnarminnar
    @minnar
    Quote:
    I guess you didn’t read Steve’s book and don’t know what I ‘m talking about.

Using the 11 second solution works for both resid and comm properties. Due to your reasons specified the cash on cash return formula would be more accurate after the outgoings payable by the tenant had been determined
    Regards

Profile photo of deckartjazzdeckartjazz
    Participant
    @deckartjazz

From what I gather in commercial dealings the leasee pays for the rates and insurance. So don’t include that as cash outgoings in your calculations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to calculate positive geared commercial prop ?’ is closed to new replies.