All Topics / The Treasure Chest / in the last week

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of MarketmadMarketmad
    Participant
    @marketmad

quote:

I dont want you too give to much away if you dont want to about this purchase but being a sydney sider myself where can you get this much rental ,and for that matter a waterfront for 640k in Sydney.
    Is it not a typical house, maybe multiple dwelling…???
    thanks

Just exchange on waterfront property in Sydney City, $640k and rental income of $850 pw for 12 months

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

quote:

quote:

I dont want you too give to much away if you dont want to about this purchase but being a sydney sider myself where can you get this much rental ,and for that matter a waterfront for 640k in Sydney.
    Is it not a typical house, maybe multiple dwelling…???
    thanks

Just exchange on waterfront property in Sydney City, $640k and rental income of $850 pw for 12 months

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

close to 600 readers and 2 maybe 3 +ve cashflow properties

olorin sledge – did the numbers stack – up??

happy hunting[8D]

cheers

Profile photo of olorinsledgeolorinsledge
    @olorinsledge

quote:

olorin sledge – did the numbers stack – up??

I’m yet to call, will call today. Though I’m kinda scared… lol. I only have 1 IP and I didn’t exactly do much research when buying it (read -ve) so asking all these questions off Real Estate agents is abit daunting for me.

Bah – [:I]

Profile photo of RedliliaRedlilia
    @redlilia

Where did you buy? Bought one recently and still
    waiting for settlement. Don’t think can get that
    high rents!

quote:

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Does any one ever look at country WA? There are still plenty of pos cash flow properties, but you really need to do your research as I’m sure some are dud deals.

Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

quote:

That’s alright, $44,200 in rent and $30-$33,000 IO repayments, leaves $14-$16,000pa for everything, including principle repayments.

These number just don’t add up? Ok 44,200 in rent which is $850*52 is correct. Where did you get 30-33,000 in IO payments? the property is 640,000 less deposit of lets say 20% = 512,000. At a normal rate of 8% that equals 40,960 in IO payments per annum. So IO payments are greater than rental income, thus making a loss And these calculations don’t take into consideration closing costs!!

So it is far from a good +ve cashflow property.

Profile photo of carmen_cccarmen_cc
    Participant
    @carmen_cc

Hi Michael,

Is it possible to tell me where you found these properties — roughly which area? Cos I haven’t found any.

Carmen

quote:

Yep, country NSW. 2 x 1/4 acre blocks, one with a dwelling, price is $4,000, rent is $60pw.

$3,120 / $4,000 = 78% ROI or COC. Father died, son doesn’t want it. Yes, some repairs, but being owner-builders with all the gear, it’s not a big deal for us.

Two other IPs, not quite as good, but more the norm:

Country NSW, 1/4 acre with dwelling $60,000, rent is $130. ROI = 11%, or COC (20% dep) = 56%.

Country NSW, 1/2 acre with dwelling $55,000, rent $130. ROI = 12%, or COC (20% dep) = 61%.

(Unfortunately we had to give this last one up because of the friggin wankers at St George taking 11 weeks for finance. I’ve stopped looking until our “new” finance arrangements have come through).

Michael

Profile photo of olorinsledgeolorinsledge
    @olorinsledge

quote:

quote:

That’s alright, $44,200 in rent and $30-$33,000 IO repayments, leaves $14-$16,000pa for everything, including principle repayments.

These number just don’t add up? Ok 44,200 in rent which is $850*52 is correct. Where did you get 30-33,000 in IO payments? the property is 640,000 less deposit of lets say 20% = 512,000. At a normal rate of 8% that equals 40,960 in IO payments per annum. So IO payments are greater than rental income, thus making a loss And these calculations don’t take into consideration closing costs!!

So it is far from a good +ve cashflow property.

Presuming an 8% interest rate is where your calculations are wrong. At 6 to 6.5% interest, I believe his numbers weigh up ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘in the last week’ is closed to new replies.