All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Living The Dream ?!?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi All, I was just wondering how many forumites are actually in the position of not working and are living off rents. By not working, I mean, not answering to anyone as I realize that investing is a job in itself. I’m still trying to get there and would like to think that each week it is getting closer. For anyone that is “living the dream”, any tips on making it happen earlier for the rest of us?

Regards

Marty

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

Hi Maximus,

Had hoped to be able to retire by 40 (now 33) but kids may put us back a bit !

It would be good to know how many people have managed to do well enough to retire.

Ben.

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi Benson. Good luck with retiring by 40. Kids, I’m sure you will find will definately delay your plans, but who cares, they are the most important contribution you can make to society and worth the effort. Puts everything into perspective. But I still want to retire early, lol. All the best with both, i.e kids and investing.

Cheers

Marty

Profile photo of DIAMOND_GUSDIAMOND_GUS
    @diamond_gus

Thankfully i live the dream
    I live a life of finnancial freedom with passive income in the six figures.I now, after four years hard work i have choices other don’have.
    I wake up when i finish sleeping.i am in complete control of my life. i will say though i have this time freedom and finnancial freedom from another source other than property, but i beleive property is another vehicle available to us to utilise the power of leveraged income. If you want things to change, you must change first. Work on you first then the money will follow.
    You must have an unshakable beleif that you will acheive what it is you desire and expect. Setyour goals and constantley review them. Stay focused 100% for just one year, then stop. See what you have acheived, then decide if you would like to turn it up one notch. Your empire must start with you and only you.
    Go for Success
    Gus

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

Hi Gus,

Very inspiring mate, and congratulations. I’m sure lots of people, myself included, would love to hear your story…

-Nick

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi Gus. You’re story was the exact reason I posted this thread in the first place. If you could elaborate, it would be great, but I also respect your privacy. Very inspirational, I hope a few more stories will follow.

Cheers

Marty

Profile photo of dynamicduodynamicduo
    @dynamicduo

[:P]Hi Gus
    Your post is what I shall be posting in 5 years time. We have just realised last night that the DREAM is magnificent (financial freedom) though we will not lose ourselves along the way. We realsied that we still must take time out for ourselves and our 3 gorgeous kids. We have been going full steam ahead for 8 mths now and it has been taking its toll.
    The A-HA moment last night was incredible.
    All the best to you
    Tiffany

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Gus,

What an inspiring story. If one day I am living with passive income then I will post it here and inspire other like you inspired me.

It is a hard work but I will get there.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

diamond gus

i hope that when you get out of prison (armed robbery) all your dreams will come true

(i was only joking people – [:D])

i too hope to make the same post one day.

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

I too am in the same boat as Gus and live off the rents of my properties. Have done so for 18 months. Cant say much more than what Gus says as he is 100% on the focus aspect.

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Gus, do I understand from your post, that your passive income is not from property?
    I have achieved a good income, financed by property, but bigger income from shares (writing covered call options).
    Still, my love is real estate, and the shares will give me a great income to buy more properties.
    [:D]

Profile photo of LeighLeigh
    @leigh

Hi Gus,

Well done on your achieving financial freedom, a product of lots of hard work and focus. Two things that I battle with everyday!

‘DIAMOND_GUS’… would I be right in assuming network marketing? I have a close mate who has just got involved and is hopeing to do really well out of it (I think everyone does!). Although it is not my piece of cake I can see the whole concept would work almost perfect in an idealistic environment, however the reputation of past schemes tends to throw a lot of people.

Seeing as you’ve made your passive wealth in the last 4 years I think you may be a great inspiration to my friend if it has been through NM.

Cheers, Leigh.

“If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars”
    J. Paul Getty

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Living The Dream ?!?!’ is closed to new replies.