All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Watch out for postcode 4741

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of zuki124zuki124
    @zuki124

Friend of mine just bought a IP in Mackay QLD and the postcode was 4741 He couldn’t get the finance.
    So if buying in Mackay make sure it has the 4740 postcode.

Cheers

Profile photo of daretotrydaretotry
    @daretotry

Hi there,

Could you explain to a newcomers like ourselves why he couldnt get the finance? Im gathering that there is a problem with the area under the 4741 postcode?
    Thanks
    T & P

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

The mortgage insurers nominate what the LVR is for each individual location.

The LVR ratio ultimately depends on many factors such as population, economic conditions in the town, if a small town how far is it from a major town etc.

If the town doesn’t comply with their desired criteria either the LVR is lowered or the location isn’t acceptable at all.

Pisces133

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

I guess that’s like Dayelsford in Victoria. The lend is generally 70% LVR. There are exceptions of course. I don’t know if checking the postcode helps though, in the Dayelsford area. Maybe someone else knows about this.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

There are currently only 2 mortgage insurers in Australia. GE will cover 4740, but not 4741. PMI will cover anywhere in Australia, but the LVR will depend on the purchase price. Possibly up to 95% if less than $150,000.

BTW the criteria for both GE and PMI has changed as of 01 July this year, and it is now easier to get mortgage insurance approval.

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Watch out for postcode 4741’ is closed to new replies.