All Topics / The Treasure Chest / eggs in 1 basket

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of gazza17gazza17
    @gazza17

hi all,

I have an opportunity to purchase another 2 properties in a area that 1 already have one in, I have done all the sums and research and it looks great on paper and my other property is doing really well, my concerns are that I am putting all my eggs in 1 basket.should i look for a different area?

Gazza

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

As that rabid Lions supporter AD would say, if the numbers and due diligence stack up, go for it. I bought 4 recently in the one town and wasn’t worried at all.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Gazza,

I agree – go for it. However I was talking to a lady at a PI seminar in Feb this year. She almost lost her entire 5 IP’s in the Canberra fires this year. They were all in the one street.

Just a thought.

Good luck,
    Del

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

hi
    treat each IP as an individual/new case.
    do your homework and if everything works out as it should, then why should the same location be a problem? if you have already bought here, then obviously you believed it was a good opportunity before. don’t discount another IP just because it is in the same location. I actually go looking for them!
    [:)]

Profile photo of puissancepuissance
    @puissance

Dale Carnegie said “put all your eggs in one basket”
    Warren Buffet says the same thing. Buffet believes strongly in investing as a business.
    So if the numbers stack up and you are making money and your future projections are correct, then follow your investment criteria

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘eggs in 1 basket’ is closed to new replies.