All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Kiyosaki – Sinner or Saint

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

g’day westan

i know the book yr talking about and i also hold it in high regard..

but that one has stood the test of time

so no its not a confession

but i hope you get my point

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

good on you aussie[:D]
    westan

Profile photo of retired@31retired@31
    @retired-31

It is not whether Robert said or his Rich Dad said …. that is important because who said it won’t make you rich or send you broke.

Surely it is the information that we need to assess to see if we can use it to meet our financial goals or not?

If someone came to me and said they have 40 properties, it is not whether they say they do or their Father says they do but do they really? I have to assess what is being said not who said it if I think I could use their advise or not.

If they do have all those properties, I may listen to them for advise. In the same way that I can choose to listen to Kiyosaki based on what is offered, not who said it.

Afterall plenty of people espouse his ideas on the subject of money today, which means it is now being said by someone other that Robert or his Rich Dad !! I might be able to learn from those people too if they have the fruit on the tree.

Please use the information or not but lets get off who said it! Besides it could have been said in the form of a fictional character so a knucklehead like me could understand it. lol

Best regards

Tony

@westan

But Tony

if someone says do it this way, this is the way to do it, his is how i’ve done it.
    But they never did it at all i would think twice about following there advice, why do people have to lie if the message is good let the message stand by itself.
    his books are full of stories all now lies, his successful investments are lies, his great stories taht encourage are lies.
    He is a super salesman, his books are a sales broture on Cashflow etc.
    i hear what you are saying and as i’ve said he’s increased my thinking and wealth incredibly, and he still has a lot to offer, but when he says i’ve bought this property and business why does he need to lie?
    westan

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Westan, Aussierogue, – about that other book. Yeah well I hate to admit I have never read the whole thing right through, though from what I have read, I think the second half nails it better.

All in all, not a bad book, I think we’d be about due for a major update – (actually I believe the author has promised an update – though it wasn’t clear whether that was going to be in the form of a book or ‘other’. – ) . But I think a lot of the information is still as current as when it was written.

cheers-
    Mini

PS
    Westan – Someone like Reed who wants to discredit RK and calls him a liar doesn’t make RK a liar. However by sowing the seed of doubt he’s already done damage – even if RK did come out and name Rich Dad (which he obviously doesn’t want to do.)

Actually, you know what I really think? Something like this….
    Rich Dad or Rich Dad’s son says ‘please stop saying he is a real person in your books because the press are snooping and won’t leave Dad alone and Dad is pretty sick now’. Then Rich Dad dies. There could have been lawyers letters going around as to what RK could or couldnt’ say. So I think Rich Dad was real but has since passed away. That way, RK can honestly say Rich Dad is not a real living person (now) when he used to say he was….geddit

But he also can’t just explain it like that to the press.

Profile photo of retired@31retired@31
    @retired-31

Hi Westan,
    As I said in my earlier post, I did not read the John Reed analaysis all the way through. There is two sides to every story and if it was all lies then I am sure Kiyosaki would have been sued by someone by now about something?

Just because he has made a point of view does not mean you or I will do it his way. At least we shoudn’t. Our job is to think about what was said and how that affects us or not, then act.

In becoming financially free at a young age, I was taught to think and concern myself with ‘majoring on the majors and minor on the minors’

It is diffrent for everyone, but for me this is a minor. I took what I could from the information Kiyosaki offered and I moved on.

I won’t be contributing anymore on this topic. I have already spent too much time on it when I could be out playing golf! Golf is a major for me now, focussing on some topic that I have no control over is a minor. lol

Best regards
    Tony

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

g’day guys – one last comment

mini – i think yr great. you see the good in everyone… but

on rk – i think..

rk – is a great marketer. rich dad was made up or is a mixture of a few people. and this isnt a crime – he should just say so.

the problem is no-one would buy his books if the premise was one of fiction.

now that his entire empire is based on this ‘rich dad’ i would have thought he has alot to lose if the truth comes out. if rich dad appeared occassionally throughout the book ok – but he is the book. he is the centre of the book – without him there would be no book and no rk empire.

the point is rich dad is ‘central’ to everything rk talks about. just like +ve cashflow is ‘central’ to this website.

++

so why not tell people that rich dad is made up.
    because he wont sell anymore books.

imagine if every chapter started with

‘imagine if you will’

the story about being altruistic and hence cant say his name is suspect. everybook ive read has 1 or 2 pages of people they dedicate the book to – why would the most important person not be mentioned.

he not mentioned because his not real!! and we know this because no-one fits this description.

@westan

alright my last post on the topic also.
    not much point really because no one is going to be bothered reading it but here it is.

it’s not so much if Rich dad is real etc.
    what gets me is the man appears to be worth nothing, no houses etc until after the rich dad book. (this is according to the article, RK owned only one house in phoenix a very modest one until after the book then he was rich a bought a nice one).
    so his riches weren’t made by following his own advice it was by his book sales
    i believe his financial advice is spot on and still recommend his books.
    see you on another post
    westan

Profile photo of Chris2Chris2
    Participant
    @chris2

Hi Westan,

What is the name of that ‘other book’ which you hold in very high regard??

– Chris

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I have to go back and look this up to be sure and I’ve lent the book to someone, but the reason RK wrote his book is that he’d retired financially free (remember building businesses, stocks and bonds, and real estate are the three ways to do this) – he became a millionaire, (velcro wallets) lost it all (to chinese-manufactured equivalents which were cheaper) and then made it all over again. Then he retired and bought a chalet in some beautiful mountain/lake area where he wanted to chill for a year. He like doing nothing for a while but then started writing the book. I guess having a father in education would have been very influential. It was self-published because nobody wanted to know, and he only started to sell copies because a friend with gas stations put his book on the counter (and he had no competition as his was the only book in the gas station!) it was after Oprah got a copy of the book that things really took off.

As far as only having one simple house goes, ‘the millionaire next door’ says that the average millionaire has lived in the same house for 20+ years.

oh well blah blah enough about RK

byeeee for now
    Mini

http://www.vocalbureau.com

@westan

sorry everyone i’ve been dragged back into this

Chris
    the answer to which book?
    the Bible its the most complete book i’ve ever read, gives me a purpose for living, understanding of life, hope for today and tomorrow and a better understanding of who i am. But best of all it leads me to a God who loves and cares for all of us.
    Just about got a sermon out of me Chris[:)]

Mini
    all those point about RK are challenged by the article, he would say they are lies.
    westan

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

morning westan

and to think i thought you were talking about
    max walkers 100 wackiest cricketing stories 15th edition.

[:D]

are we finished with this thread now?

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

No not yet.
    to think that this guy spends so much of his time investigating and researching about Kiyosaki just to discredit him (even if its true or not), makes me wonder how negative this person is. Imagine spending months and months researching on someone which he says he doesnt like, boy this guy sure has lots of spare time. My message to him is “get a life! Go towards some worthy goals, not waste your time going against others”.

He reminds me of the guy in the early 1980s who wrote such a thick book (half the thickness of the Oxford Dictionary!!) just to disprove Carlos Castaneda for making up those stories. Well these writers if they really did, their intent was to get useful messages and distinctions across to the masses. And its fact that the masses are more drawn to amazing stories, not boring daily stories.

Hey next year I am going to write a thick book to tell people that Men Are Not From Mars, Women are Not From Venus! John Gray watch out !
    [;)]

“the whole of reality is a ‘lie'(belief)”

Anyone watched the Matrix?

Profile photo of brianhcbrianhc
    Participant
    @brianhc

Though ‘the thread is dead’ I couldn’t resist getting in on this one.

I too got a lot of encouragement from RK’s early books. He changed my paradigm on wealth creation. Not with practical processes (which often were not valid here) but with a concept.

He was ‘a finger pointing at the moon’. Don’t worry if the finger is crooked or not, it’s the moon thats important.

As for his ethics, as a believer in karma I believe RK, like all of us, will get back all that he puts out, be it good or bad.

To follow anyone’s teachings blindly, without applying the filter of your own logic, reason and research is to fool yourself.

RK added value to my life, for that I thank him and move on. I don’t need to judge him or praise him. Thanks for the lesson.

[:P]

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Kiyosaki – Sinner or Saint’ is closed to new replies.