All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Inspections!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of garfieldgarfield
    @garfield

Here is a questions that Im very eager to find an answer for:
    Do I inspect all my properties that I’m considering purchasing or do I just have a Building Report done and do my homework on the net/papers etc.??????????

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Garfield,

That’s something that only you can really answer.

If you buy a second hand car, would you buy it sight unseen, even if it had an RACV tenst done on it – probably not. A house will probably cost a lot more than any second hand car would.

Due diligence is very important. A house we looked at a few months looked like a bargain. Good condition, however it was next door to a demolition yard, stacked so high with dead car parts and junk. You’d never get a decent tenant living there.

Many people do buy with only a pest and building inspection, and that is fine. I have inspected all of ours so far, but that rule is not set in concrete. When I can build up a good relationship with a RE Agent, I probably would.

I like to see the inside for myself, so that I can remember the layout etc, so that down the track I know what the tenant may be needing i.e. sun blinds, air conditioner, security door etc…

Hope I have helped.[:)]

Del

Profile photo of Kirby319Kirby319
    @kirby319

If you buy a house sight unseen and dont know that there is a demolition next door then you are an idiot and havn’t done your due diligence.

You can buy sight unseen but you need to be carefull and ask all the right questions. Get all the info you can about the area including what is located next door. Get photos and plans etc.

Profile photo of garfieldgarfield
    @garfield

fantastic,

thanks for the advice. Obviously do your homework (as you should anyway) and be careful!!!

[:)]

Garfield

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Inspections!!!’ is closed to new replies.