Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of deauziedeauzie
    @deauzie

Hello Everyone

My name is Paul , I’m a 31 yrs old guy in Sydney
    I’m trying to live on a disablity support pension
    of $200 per week , I was attacked 8 yrs ago by 2 men who threw me over a 12ft wall onto concrete and broke my neck.
    I own a $ 330,000 home in Sydney , I was wondering if you guys think this is a venture for me as I don’t have a full-time job with a good income and the phycical ability to do any running around or work on any properties .
    But I need to create a larger income to live a decent life , I just got my learners permit on Tuesday and hope to start on my way back to driving again.
    A modified vehicle costs around $85,000 so I need to increase my cash flow !
    I have have spoken to my family and they are worried I could loss my home .
    They have said , What if :
    * Interest rates go up
    * people destroy the houses
    * who will repair the buildings
    and many other questions I can’t answer
    I have just ordered the book and audio tape , I can’t afford the other material.
    I hope some of you people could give me some good advice , I really could have benefited if I was one of the lucky 10 people the guys are taking under there wing for 12 months

thanks

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hI Paul

My Dad was a Minister in the Uniting Church and i remember him telling me about a guy he knew in the 1980’s who was as in the Fairfeild infectous diseases hospital, he was living in a Iron Lung (no sure what they are exactly but i know he could never leave the hospital). He had a hobby of buying and renovating house around Melb. If he could do it anyone can.
    In answer to some of the Questions
    1. Interest rate rises, you can fix your rates even up to 5 years easily and not very expensive. That deals with rate rises, hopefully the rents will rise also.
    2 People destroy homes- this does happen. But you can buy Landlord insurance, its very cheap usually under 200 per year and will cover and damage by the tenant. it will also cover loss of rent if the tennant doesn’t pay. That covers that one.
    3. who will repair the house, it’s easy to find handy people to pay to do the work, rental managers usually can advise if you don’t know any. Or put in a bad tenant get them to trash the place then get it fixed on your Landlord insurance[:D] sorry just a little joke there.
    don’t let your restrictions stop you. We all have some form of restriction, for some it may be the lack of deposit, we can find ways around the challenges.
    But my concern is the market, i’d be careful that the returns are not there at the moment perhaps the market may even drop a little. But use the time while things settle down to learn as much as you can
    keep looking for that great deal they are out there
    regards westan

Profile photo of RSTARRRSTARR
    @rstarr

Hi Deauzie
    I read in a book once that friends and family may not approve of what you are doing, the way around this is to not call or visit as much![;)]
    Keep positive, find friends that encourage and empower you! And what ever you do, don’t take on board other peoples limitations and fears!
    As for learning materials, try the library, they have so many wonderful books to offer for free, and if they don’t have the one you were after, for a small fee they will more than likely order it in for you.
    Goodluck!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Paul

Hi, I think property is fairly safe. It is very hard to lose money with property (but not imposisble). Since you have a lot of equity, you could do a lot of property investing. But maybe you could buy one and see how you go, if it works buy another etc.

I have done 6 wraps using a real estate agent. I haven’t even seen the proeprties and have made a good passive income and capital gains as well.

There is alos the possibility of doing a jv with someone that renovates property. This may be a bit more risky though.

You could also just use a buyers agent to source a buy and hold and just go for capital gains.

If there is any problems, other people (such as property managers, tradespeople etc) can handle them. I don’t even know how to change a light bulb and am doing all right!

Good luck

Terryw
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of CreminCremin
    Participant
    @cremin

hey Paul,
    As Westie said, glue a phone to your ear. By the sounds of it, you have the guts and balls needed for the property market. Losing your property is a possibility but is most unlikely if you do your homework and set yourself some limits.

You have time and a brain at hand and you have obviously thought this through. Go for it Paul. I think everyone on this forum would agree with me on that one. Just stay informed. Hey! You have one over me! My hubby and I don’t even have a property yet so you have a huge advantage over us.
    good luck and keep the forum updated with what you end up doing.
    Mrs.

Here for a good time not a long time, just do it!.

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi Paul. Property investing might be just the thing for you. As long as you can get to a phone to talk to a property mgr, you should be fine. Some people buy property without even looking at it ( I personally like to see what I’m buying). Once you buy, as I mentioned, let a good property mgr take care of things for you. Just keep doing your research.

Best of luck

Marty

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Paul, by all means go for it but ……………
    hasten slowly.

The fact that your family has come up with objections is normal. In fact it means they care (even if they don’t understand the area they are expressing an opinion on.)

It is actually good to be aware of the dangers so you can start thinking of ways and means of how to protect yourself against them.

You say : “I really could have benefited if I was one of the lucky 10 people the guys are taking under there wing for 12 months”

Who knows, you may get lucky i.e. Steve may perhaps make it a total of 11 people he is taking under his wings ???

Pisces133

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

One problem (I should really say ‘One task’) under your circumstances is how to obtain finance.

As your income doesn’t appear to be quite large enough to get a loan from a mainstream lender
    that is one area you need to consider before you dive into the pool.

Possibly one way would be to do flips i.e. buy and resell (at a profit) before you yourself need to settle your own purchase.

Is there anyone in your immediate family who would be happy for you to do the searching for the right kind of property with your relation
    or good family friend being your financial partner ?

You could start off by lending them Steve’s new book so as to get them interested in the concept.

After you have made a profit on the first one the next ones will be a piece of cake.

Cheers,

Pisces133

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

Finance is not a problem for you. 2 options
    No Documentation loan – provide Id and Rates notice up to 75%LVR for business or investment purposes or 65%LVR for any purpose.

Also, apply for a ABN then in two years time you will recieve Lo Doc loans at 80%LVR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Please read’ is closed to new replies.