All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Remote renovations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of stockistocki
    @stocki

When buying regional properties that need a bit of “TLC” (I love the way RE agents say that), I am interested to know effective ways of managing the renovations remotely.

I personally lice in Sydney and have a full-time job, and not yet in a position to give it up. I certainly can’t afford the time to personally manage the renovations, even simple ones.

Is it simply a case of finding a good PM and having them do all the hard work ? does anyone employ and different tactics ?

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi stocki,

Yes this is a tricky one!!

With one smallish reno that we did on a house about 400kms away from home, my husband (Will) was free for a few days. We were able to get access to the house before settlement, luckily.

Will brought a mate, and they slept in their swags and camped in the house. They also had the part time help of a local handyman in the town. They worked from 6am to midnight everyday for 5 days, painting, and other stuff. It wasn’t much fun, but it was so satisfying for them. The before and after effect was amazing. They went through about 9 cans of gap filler!

Not everyone is able to take a few days off though, but if you can get access prior to settlement, helps reduce costs.

We are lucky, we have our own business, which is seasonal.[:)]

Good luck,
    Del

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Remote renovations’ is closed to new replies.