All Topics / The Treasure Chest / The First Repayment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi All,

Just chilling after an interesting day….(can I scream now [:P]) Oh Golly what a day…
    It started off wonderfully, if you ignore the elbow jabbed into my side by an enthusiastic 4 year old at 6 am [}:)].
    My friend paid her first repayment this week and called to ask me if we’d received the payment and was the payment date okay.
    (FYI) I told her she was psycic because as I picked up the phone to call her, I couldn’t dial out…because she’d called me at the same time and the phone (on my side) hadn’t rung yet.
    I congratulated her on making her first repayment towards her own home. She said something like…359 to go… and I answered ” Each repayment I make on our house, I think of it(X amount of money) as paying off the front door, front window, side wall, kitchen window…etc”
    She laughed and said she’s paid for the kitchen window.
    Visualization can help put things into perspective.
    What do you when your wrappee pays their first repayment?
    Have a great day tomorrow…I’m off to see the wizard…

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Sooshie,

Long time no hear!

That’s a lovely thought. May I copy it?

Congratulations on making your first Payment to your own house”.
    Really would make your wrappee feel that they are important, and that they’re not just helping you to get rich.

Thanks,
    Del

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Del,

Any holiday plans yet?
    Sure you can use whatever you think will work! I think she was really proud of herself (so she should be [^]) and that’s a really good thing to encourage. It is a really big step, first in buying your own home and then trusting someone other than a bank to help you achieve that goal.
    I hope your wrappees react the same way as my friend did! [8D]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Sooshie,

Probably getting off the track here…sorry about that!!

Our first (possible) wrap is to a tenant. She is part Aboriginal. She was “wrapped” first of all when we accepted her application as tenant a few months ago. I believe she had come across a lot of prejudice, and even though she didn’t have heaps of rental references etc… (she has rented through friends etc..in the past), she did hold down a stable full time job etc..etc..
    I had to think at the time, whether if she wasn’t aboriginal would I accept her application, and the answer was YES.

Naturally, she has always paid her rent on time, and kept the house in tip top condition.

Now, we have offered her the opportunity to buy the house, and when she rung me back, we both almost cried on the phone together!!

It really is so satisfying to know that you have helped someone to achieve their dream.

There are too many people with prejudice out there. A mother of 8, or an aboriginal, or whatever….

Please everyone, give these type of people a chance to achieve their dreams. They really deserve it.[:)]

Life is too short, this is what life is really about.

Del

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The First Repayment’ is closed to new replies.